News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Depends who you play, now doesn't it, dumb fox.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

You know if I ever start as the Byzantine Emperor I am just going to give Armenia to the Turks because fuck those guys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2012, 09:49:56 AM
What do you mean nothing to do?  You mean besides run a medieval dynasty?

I played with the Italian Lady in the Demo. WHERE DO I START?

I married a Swedish prince, it gained me some prestige.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 14, 2012, 10:05:57 AM
I played with the Italian Lady in the Demo. WHERE DO I START?

I married a Swedish prince, it gained me some prestige.

You need to get an heir so if you are a woman you need to get a man to do a Matrilineal marriage so your children will take your name instead of his.  Investigate your laws to increase your income and consider changing your succession laws if you do not like them.  See what Ducal titles you control and see if they give you any claims against your neighbors you can exploit (you have automatic claims against any counties that make up a Duchy you have a title to).  If you can create any titles start saving up to create them.  Send your council members on missions.  Marry off your courtiers.  Set your ambitions and plots, see if there are any easy ones (like 'have a son' or 'get married') you can do and get easy bonuses.  If you have any money left over build stuff in your desmesne.

Also as part of the Holy Roman Empire you can make war on other realms inside the Empire and there is nothing the Emperor can do about it really.  This cuts both ways, the Duke of Milan is likely to attack you after a bit so watch him.

Probably lots of other smart stuff to do but I am just learning the game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Lesbian baroness demands her prima nocta night. :lol:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Disappointing that "droit du seignuer" is in this game.  This is supposed to be a historical Paradox game, not a King Arthur fantasy spinoff.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Downloaded and installed in 15 minutes. I like the in game store. Finally gives me some use for thos blue coins. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 14, 2012, 10:47:28 AM
Disappointing that "droit du seignuer" is in this game.  This is supposed to be a historical Paradox game, not a King Arthur fantasy spinoff.

Yeah I hoped they had dumped that stupid crap after CK1.  No reason to model 18th century masturbatory fantasies about the ME.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2012, 11:19:25 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 14, 2012, 10:47:28 AM

Yeah I hoped they had dumped that stupid crap after CK1.  No reason to model 18th century masturbatory fantasies about the ME.
I may have to read more 18th century histories of the middle ages, I had no idea they were filled with lesbian dominatrix baronesses.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 14, 2012, 11:53:26 AM
I may have to read more 18th century histories of the middle ages, I had no idea they were filled with lesbian dominatrix baronesses.

Ok now we are getting into your masturbatory fantasies and it scares me.

chipwich

Does prestige do anything other than final score and elections? It doesn't seem to have the relations bonus form 1.

Valmy

Quote from: chipwich on February 14, 2012, 01:34:37 PM
Does prestige do anything other than final score and elections? It doesn't seem to have the relations bonus form 1.

Really?  You do not get the disposition bonus for high (or penalty for low) prestige?  I mean in these games who cares about the final score.

Cecil

Yes it does affect others opinion about you. Not hugely but I think its about +1 for every hundred or so. Or maybe it was every thousand.

Also it seems that as soon as the steam release came online the paradox forums exploded.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 14, 2012, 09:42:27 AM
Apparently, they forgot to give the English King a claim on the French kingdom in the HYW scenario.  :D

Glad they spent time on researching Ireland back to 200 AD, instead. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Is the Steam version available already? It still says "not released yet" in my client.