News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 13, 2012, 06:47:18 PM
You should be spending your time differently tomorrow BB....

Which is why I was hoping it might open up at... I dunno, midnight EST or something.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: sbr on February 13, 2012, 08:11:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2012, 08:01:27 PM
Any explanation for that gates of hell thingy?

There is a gates of hell event

### GATES OF HELL ###

#Gates of Hell - A strange gap has opened
narrative_event = {
id = 10100
title = "EVTNAME10100"
desc = "EVTDESC10100"
picture = GFX_evt_pagan #PLACEHOLDER!

is_playable = yes
min_age = 20
max_age = 100
capable_only = yes
prisoner = no

trigger = {
war = no
in_command = no
NOT = {
has_character_modifier = flaming_gap
}
NOT = {
has_character_modifier = gates_hell
}
NOT = {
has_character_modifier = wailing_gap
}
NOT = {
has_character_modifier = exorcism_gateshell
has_character_modifier = cattle_gateshell
has_character_modifier = sacrifice_gateshell
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 10000

modifier = {
factor = 0.5
trait = wroth
}

modifier = {
factor = 1.5
trait = chaste
}
}

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA10100" #Ignore it
add_character_modifier = {
name = flaming_gap
duration = 730
}
if = {
limit = {
NOT = {
trait = slothful
}
}
random = {
chance = 25

add_trait = slothful
hidden_tooltip = {
character_event = {
id = 38251

What is it about? The description isn't there. Its not a literal bit of fantasy surely? :o
██████
██████
██████

garbon

The earth shook, the people screamed and buildings cracked. A cloud of foul-smelling air swept over the village, making torches and fires burn bright green for several hours. It took a couple of days repairing the cracked buildings and salvaging items from the few older houses that had collapsed, luckily everyone escaped unharmed. I slowly walked through the city, examining the buildings and noting what remained to be repaired when an excited peasant approached me. Without bothering with formalities, he told me about a giant crack in the ground just outside his farm. He wanted me to come and inspect it, and perhaps determine what to do about it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 13, 2012, 08:39:12 PM
I did see a syphilis(or whatever VD it was) outbreak in the demo. 4 or 5 courtiers had it.

Edit: Not an event. Just general ickyness.

There's an event. Character wonders about the weird rash they've acquired. My chaste king got it. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

Currently downloading from Gamergate....
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

Not available on steam yet. Bah!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grallon

Well my game as the Duke of Anjou is nicely progressing but something must be done about the French AI attacking everything that moves without regard for internal cohesion, money or anything else.  Whenever there's a heretic, someone excommunicated, a moor infidel somewhere - the French King attacks them  <_<  There's French territory in Sardinia, Spain, North Africa - a jumble of duchies scattered all over the place with no respect for the internal power balance inside France...  Stupidity of the first order.  When I make my move and seize the realm for myself it will take generations to put order in this mess.

Another aggravating side effect of all this needless warfare is *my* vassals get grouchy very fast because the idiot King keeps calling them and keeping them in the field for years.  Once France had a stack of 8000 or so troop sitting idle in the middle of England... for months .  I had to log off and log back in as the King to disband them.

I had suggested years ago they should implement a 'sphere of influence' mechanism that would gradually override whatever primary urges the AI has to increase fame/attack infidels - the further you go from the core desmene...  Guess this wasn't put in effect in this new game  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

And why am i not surprised grallon is first to be bitching about a game.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Hey Grallon remember to always put the AI on low aggressiveness presuming they still have such a thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Max' character is a dead ringer for Bruce Willis.

Martinus

Apparently, they forgot to give the English King a claim on the French kingdom in the HYW scenario.  :D

Grey Fox

I played the demo and as usual with a Paradox game, I much prefer to read AARs then actually play the game.

Where do you guys start? I feel like there's nothing to do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 14, 2012, 09:48:06 AM
I played the demo and as usual with a Paradox game, I much prefer to read AARs then actually play the game.

Where do you guys start? I feel like there's nothing to do.

You spend game years building up funds to beat up on somebody.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

What do you mean nothing to do?  You mean besides run a medieval dynasty?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."