And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2012, 11:50:26 AM
Meh I wasn't going to be playing much on the 14th anyway.  Got to do the whole Valentine's Day thing.

I bought D. his Valentine's Day gift today and we went out to a dinner on Saturday so I'm off the hook.

Ain't I a romantic?  :P
damn gays. that'd never work for us. We'd still ahve to do something on the 14th in addition to what you already did. damn hallmark!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Man you only get +3 for closing the gates of Hell?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on February 13, 2012, 12:02:57 PM
There is no Kingdom of Naples. The whole thing is Sicily.

So this still works I suppose - you create the Kingdom of Sicily and claim your de iure counties from the muslims.

garbon

Bit of a long shot though as just Sicily island + Malta make il six of the provinces of your kingdom. I think you need 7 to form the kingdom.

Also should it really be easier to conquer your co-religionists than your supposed foes? : D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2012, 12:05:32 PM
Man you only get +3 for closing the gates of Hell?
wasn't the main gate, only on the side gates.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Martinus

Apulia actually starts capable of creating the Kingdom of Sicily off the bat in 1066. I did it when I was playing them last night - the only problem was getting enough cash and piety for bribes.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 12:19:31 PM
Apulia actually starts capable of creating the Kingdom of Sicily off the bat in 1066. I did it when I was playing them last night - the only problem was getting enough cash and piety for bribes.

Oh gotcha.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

I think pagans/mulsims having real high revolt risk would help. not sure if you can have a modifier that the further away from the Kings capital the higher the revolt risk would be.So poland can still snatch "prussia" and ahve managable RR, but the HRE would have trouble keeping the counties.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 11:56:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2012, 09:12:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 05:03:47 AM
Perhaps a mod could be made that makes the "holy war" casus belli only exercisable when there is a crusade declared or the ruler is Zealous or something like that?

Apulia would get screwed over on trying to take Sicily.

They would still have a de Iure claim on the Kingdom of Naples I think? Or is Sicily a separate Kingdom in CK2?

until the Sicilian Vespers (iirc) the kingdom of Napels didn't exist. Afterwards it didn't exist either -technically- as both kingdoms claimed to be the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies..

That said: Falalan seems to be back

Grallon

I want to add some of the tracks of CK1, Serenity and BSG into the CK2 music folder - but the format chosen is ogg - can I just rename wav into ogg and the game engine will read it?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Fireblade

Quote from: HVC on February 13, 2012, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2012, 11:50:26 AM
Meh I wasn't going to be playing much on the 14th anyway.  Got to do the whole Valentine's Day thing.

I bought D. his Valentine's Day gift today and we went out to a dinner on Saturday so I'm off the hook.

Ain't I a romantic?  :P
damn gays. that'd never work for us. We'd still ahve to do something on the 14th in addition to what you already did. damn hallmark!

My wife bought the game for me as my Valentine's present. I got her an iPhone.

I think we know who came out ahead. :)

Liep

Quote from: Grallon on February 13, 2012, 01:15:09 PM
I want to add some of the tracks of CK1, Serenity and BSG into the CK2 music folder - but the format chosen is ogg - can I just rename wav into ogg and the game engine will read it?

G.

http://www.freac.org/ - it can convert most formats to most formats.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Fireblade

Quote from: Tamas
you know you are a nerd when you are schadenfreuding someone for them having to have sex instead of playing a computer game

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

So when exactly can we install / download this?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.