News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

I started a game as the Duke of Anjou and thanks to the fortuitous 3 front war William the Conqueror was engaged in (against Scotland in the north, France for control of Normandy and Norway for the English crown, I was able to regain Maine.  The Bastard offered me a peace when I was only at 18% victory.  This seems more 'intelligent' than in previous Paradox titles. 

Soon after he folded against France too so Philippe now controls all of Normandy.  No Angevin Empire will rise - except for mine.  Next target - push to get Vendôme's claim on Chartres while I'm fabricating a claim on Blois.  Thanks to the stupid gavelkind succession law - my largest neighboor Aquitaine has been split in three between the three heirs.  Fortunately I had betrothed and married 3 of my children to the 3 heirs in question (1 girl - 2 sons).  I am Steward and Seneschal of the Realm while the King continues waging stupid wars in Andalusia.  I remain loyal while building up my baronies until the moment is ripe and I can displace the Capet dynasty.

I hope Paradox does well with this title because it's truly their best to date.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

I wonder if there is a way to tone down expansion into pagan/muslim lands from the French King and the Holy Roman Emperor - or is this actually coded? They seem to be the only ones capable of continuous expansion into these areas, due to their immense manpower, so this leaves countries like Poland or Aragon sorta sitting on the sidelines while their de iure realms are being conquered by foreigners.

Perhaps a mod could be made that makes the "holy war" casus belli only exercisable when there is a crusade declared or the ruler is Zealous or something like that?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 11:14:37 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2012, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 10:59:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2012, 10:57:43 PM
I'm such a nerd, I was thinking of Modding in this event.  :nerd:

I think what you've posted is offensive to nerds. :angry:
The ending of Predator 2 clearly indicates that they have been hunting on Earth for centuries.  :sleep:

I like it, good show Tim.

Well, one thing I don't like...nothing should ever be 100% (he got to tha choppa!), especially if it's a forced choice.  But survival should take a prestige hit...or other consequences.
Good idea

Choice A - Flee (Characters who are cowards must choose this option)
------- Result = 90% You are killed and you're flayed body is found hanging from a tree. 10% You are the lone survivor, your crazy story has you labeled a heretic. -100 prestige, -100 piety.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Tim, go jump into a creek or something - you are spamming this thread with some retard (no, it's not nerdy - it's retarded) shit.

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2012, 03:16:07 AM
How do you find out about current wars anyone?
I can't seem to find who people are at war with

There is a ledger page that lists all of the active wars.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 05:03:47 AM
Perhaps a mod could be made that makes the "holy war" casus belli only exercisable when there is a crusade declared or the ruler is Zealous or something like that?

Apulia would get screwed over on trying to take Sicily.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

What time does this game get released? if it's 12 am sweidish time then i'll get to play tonight, if not then i have to wait until thE 15th. Stupid valentines day, always getting in the way.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on February 13, 2012, 10:27:20 AM
What time does this game get released? if it's 12 am sweidish time then i'll get to play tonight, if not then i have to waith until teh 15th. Stupid valentines day, always getting in the way.

GG always release at 9AM Swedish time.

sbr

And steam releases at 10am pst.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on February 13, 2012, 11:23:40 AM
And steam releases at 10am pst.
Eww. That's like 3am the 15th for me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Meh I wasn't going to be playing much on the 14th anyway.  Got to do the whole Valentine's Day thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2012, 11:50:26 AM
Meh I wasn't going to be playing much on the 14th anyway.  Got to do the whole Valentine's Day thing.

For the nerds, the game will be their date.

OH JOHAN!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2012, 09:12:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 05:03:47 AM

Apulia would get screwed over on trying to take Sicily.

They would still have a de Iure claim on the Kingdom of Naples I think? Or is Sicily a separate Kingdom in CK2?

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2012, 11:50:26 AM

I bought D. his Valentine's Day gift today and we went out to a dinner on Saturday so I'm off the hook.

Ain't I a romantic?  :P

Maximus

There is no Kingdom of Naples. The whole thing is Sicily.

Anyway: