Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 11:53:03 PM
wasn't gay, just obsessed with home and garden. :blush:
Not possible. Closet case :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 13, 2012, 12:05:01 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 11:53:03 PM
wasn't gay, just obsessed with home and garden. :blush:
Not possible. Closet case :P

Well he did go on to take the Papal tiara by storm. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Man, I'm trying to pre-order this on Steam (so I can waste some time with CK1) and that shit is Slower Than the End of Atomic Matter (that is, roughly 10^35 years between me typing "Crusader Kings" into the search toolbar and it actually appearing in the field :bleeding: ).

Edit: fuck this.  Garbon, you win again.  TIME TO DIPLOANNEX FRANCE AND AUSTRIA GO ARAGON!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

If your human noble kills the predator, shouldn't there be a chance for a nuclear detonation?

perhaps:

10% - killed in time

90% - all your cities, castles and churches are destroyed, but you walk away with a cool trophy.

Slightly off topic for this thread, but I find the premise silly that aliens with stealth technology, laser sights and spaceships found hunting medieval humans to be any kind of sport.

Edit: Special thanks to Tyr for spotting my accidental word omission.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

I figured out that F11 is the key for taking screenshots, but where does it put them?  :hmm:

Josquius

There seems to be a lot of stuff in my documents- seems to be the way these days that customizable game files all go there.
My documents incidentally is where I found the settings.ini; windowed mode in this game rules. It looks full screen but its not.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 13, 2012, 01:45:11 AM
I figured out that F11 is the key for taking screenshots, but where does it put them?  :hmm:

Try documents/paradox/CK II demo

They should be in there.

Josquius

Quote from: Jaron on February 13, 2012, 12:55:58 AM
If your human noble kills the predator, shouldn't there be a chance for a nuclear detonation?

perhaps:

10% - killed in time

90% - all your cities, castles and churches are destroyed, but you walk away with a cool trophy.

Slightly off topic for this thread, but I find the premise that aliens with stealth technology, laser sights and spaceships found hunting medieval humans to be any kind of sport.

You find it? Daft? Cool?
As if the former...just look at some modern hunters with their super laser sights and all that crap totally outgunning deer.
Or the way people used to use massive blunderbuss thingies to take down a zillion birds at once.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2012, 01:46:35 AM
There seems to be a lot of stuff in my documents- seems to be the way these days that customizable game files all go there.
My documents incidentally is where I found the settings.ini; windowed mode in this game rules. It looks full screen but its not.

Yep, I assume save games will end up in that same file.  It wouldn't be needed if people would stop installing games in the Program Files folder, but apparently that is too hard a concept to grasp.

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2012, 01:58:02 AM
Quote from: Jaron on February 13, 2012, 12:55:58 AM

perhaps:

10% - killed in time

Slightly off topic for this thread, but I find the premise that aliens with stealth technology, laser sights and spaceships found hunting medieval humans to be any kind of sport.

You find it? Daft? Cool?
As if the former...just look at some modern hunters with their super laser sights and all that crap totally outgunning deer.
Or the way people used to use massive blunderbuss thingies to take down a zillion birds at once.

Yeah, sorry about that. I left a word out - I find it silly.

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
Is there any way to get claims to start wars other having your Chancellor eventually be successful, or some kind of intricate web of marrying off relatives?
Marrying for claims and if you have someone in your court with a claim you can fight on their behalf. But make sure they don't have a dukal (?) claim or you'll just make a new neighbour instead of a vassal.

Besides Muchard, there is only one other Duke in Ireland, the rest are all Earls.  It also looks like the starting prospects for marrying into claims around there is a very long-term road.

The manual mentions a diplomatic option of "claim title" (at the cost of prestige, which I ended up with buckets of), but I've never seen it.

You didn't fabricate claims?

Josquius

How do you find out about current wars anyone?
I can't seem to find who people are at war with
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2012, 03:16:07 AM
How do you find out about current wars anyone?
I can't seem to find who people are at war with

What I do is click on one of their provinces. At the left, below their portrait there will be small icons, with a CoA and a tincy-wincy sword, one icon for each war they are in. Hover over one and learn the sides and the reason.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on February 13, 2012, 02:54:04 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
Is there any way to get claims to start wars other having your Chancellor eventually be successful, or some kind of intricate web of marrying off relatives?
Marrying for claims and if you have someone in your court with a claim you can fight on their behalf. But make sure they don't have a dukal (?) claim or you'll just make a new neighbour instead of a vassal.

Besides Muchard, there is only one other Duke in Ireland, the rest are all Earls.  It also looks like the starting prospects for marrying into claims around there is a very long-term road.

The manual mentions a diplomatic option of "claim title" (at the cost of prestige, which I ended up with buckets of), but I've never seen it.

You didn't fabricate claims?

I had my Chancellor working at it, never achieved anything.

Tonitrus

Was monkeying around with the same Irish lord, getting a better feel for the game mechanics.

After I instituted elected succession, my Hungarian Duchess-wife (who went into a deep negative relations after that change) started a plot against my grandson.  :mad:

When I demanded that she end the plot, she complied....and pretty much immediately became pregnant.  Make-up sex?   :P