And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
Is there any way to get claims to start wars other having your Chancellor eventually be successful, or some kind of intricate web of marrying off relatives?
Marrying for claims and if you have someone in your court with a claim you can fight on their behalf. But make sure they don't have a dukal (?) claim or you'll just make a new neighbour instead of a vassal.

Besides Muchard, there is only one other Duke in Ireland, the rest are all Earls.  It also looks like the starting prospects for marrying into claims around there is a very long-term road.

The manual mentions a diplomatic option of "claim title" (at the cost of prestige, which I ended up with buckets of), but I've never seen it.

Tonitrus

Also, I am likely to fall into the trap of buying this, even though I never really played the first one, and haven't seriously played a Paradox game since EUII.  :blush:

HVC

The only claim title i know of is the chancellor way you mentioned. still costs money and prestige to press any claim he finds, though. maybe that's what the manual is talking about?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2012, 08:59:12 PM
The only claim title i know of is the chancellor way you mentioned. still costs money and prestige to press any claim he finds, though. maybe that's what the manual is talking about?

Yeah probably.  If one could claim titles on a whim, I could claim Emperor of Byzantium and end the game right quick.  :P

garbon

I picked to depose the Pope, my liege. War aim said I'd pick someone of my choosing. Instead I became Pope. Not fun as you get slammed with indulgence requests.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Oh, another thing with my Jamtland game, I married off a daughter to the heir to the papacy...who then became pope....and my daughter spat out a lot of popelettes....
Bishops being married is maybe OK in a middle ages northern European setting (though even there possibly late in the day? Its not the dark ages....) but....the holy father?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

I'm such a nerd, I was thinking of Modding in this event.  :nerd:

Title - The Hunters Become The Hunted

Odds of occurrence = 1 in a hundred times after a hunt is launched[if possible I'll limit this to the summer].

Subscript - Your hunting party is being stalked by a demon and picked off one by one.

Choice A - Flee (Characters who are cowards must choose this option)
------- Result = 100% You are killed and you're flayed body is found hanging from a tree.

Choice B - Challenge the monster to a duel (Characters who are proud must choose this option)
------- Result = 90% You are killed and the monster takes your skull as a trophy leaving your headless body to rot. 10% You defeat the monster. Gain 200 prestige, 200 piety and the name Demon Slayer

Choice C - If it bleeds, we can kill it.
------- Result = 50% You use your knowledge of the local terrain to ambush and kill the monster. Gain 200 prestige, 200 piety and the name Demon Slayer. 50% Your ambush fails and the monster takes your skull as a trophy leaving your headless body to rot.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2012, 10:57:43 PM

I think what you've posted is offensive to nerds. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 10:59:01 PM

The ending of Predator 2 clearly indicates that they have been hunting on Earth for centuries.  :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:56:49 PM
The manual mentions a diplomatic option of "claim title" (at the cost of prestige, which I ended up with buckets of), but I've never seen it.

That option was apparently removed, but too late to be removed from the manual.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2012, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 10:59:01 PM

The ending of Predator 2 clearly indicates that they have been hunting on Earth for centuries.  :sleep:

I like it, good show Tim.

Well, one thing I don't like...nothing should ever be 100% (he got to tha choppa!), especially if it's a forced choice.  But survival should take a prestige hit...or other consequences.

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
Is there any way to get claims to start wars other having your Chancellor eventually be successful, or some kind of intricate web of marrying off relatives?
Marrying for claims and if you have someone in your court with a claim you can fight on their behalf. But make sure they don't have a dukal (?) claim or you'll just make a new neighbour instead of a vassal.

Which will be an ally.

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2012, 08:56:49 PM

That option was apparently removed, but too late to be removed from the manual.

Indeed, the "I win" button has been removed.

Ideologue

I still think there should be a "fuck" button if you're married, especially if you're a pretty big guy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 12, 2012, 11:47:42 PM
I still think there should be a "fuck" button if you're married, especially if you're a pretty big guy.

I almost thought my ruler was going to get the homosexual trait. Being cheap he sent some roses out of his garden to a neighbor and the guy really appreciated them.  I then had some event about them being great for that special someone. Turns out though my ruler wasn't gay, just obsessed with home and garden. :blush: