And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on February 12, 2012, 11:21:13 AM
Quote from: sbr on February 12, 2012, 02:10:56 AM
What is "wrong government type"?  It is causing the bishop of benevento to not like Robert d'hauteville.

Edit:  also I don't notice any improved relations when I send my kids to be educated by others.

For the "wrong government type" it means you have bishopric and city settlements that are run by the wrong type of vassal. You or vassal barons can only hold castles without penalties. You should grant them to non-titled characters through the "Grant landed titles" so that they become Mayor/Bishop.

OK, I looked at this some more and I think I found the problem but I don't know how to fix it, or if I can.

Prince Bishop Ulderit is my vassal and has control of the bishopric of Benevento.  He has one vassal, the mayor of the town in his bishopric.  He directly holds both the bishopric and the barony, which is where the wrong government comes in.  He has the wrong government, not me.  I'm not sure why he hates me for being an idiot himself, but I guess that is kind of the point in being an idiot. 

I can't do anything about it, and he has free male courtiers that he could give the barony to but he never does.  So am I missing something?  Is there a way to force this guy to fix his own house before he revolts and gets his ass kicked?

Also how do you change the capital of a county?  I think I read on Paradox that it was possible but I don't remember details.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2012, 01:23:36 PM
Is is so surprising that we play with the country we know most about?

Maybe that's the sad part then. Broaden your horizons (and mind). :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on February 12, 2012, 01:31:39 PM
Also how do you change the capital of a county?  I think I read on Paradox that it was possible but I don't remember details.

Yeah is this possible? I ran into an issue where the capital was a city.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2012, 01:30:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 01:19:19 PM
One thing I don't get is what's up with the artificial - you can only end up with what your war aim was at the beginning?  What exactly is that supposed to simulate? Seems just like a half-assed attempt to prevent overrun.
but it seems to speed up over run. playing against pagans instead of just getting a county or two you can gobble up duchies in one war.

On the flipside, I've seen where a war aim was for an unlanded character to take a duchy title. Essentially nothing happened when the title was took as he didn't get a county as well. :D

PDH

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 01:32:25 PM

I plan on playing the Duchy of Wyoming.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Now I don't even know why I dignified that sorry-ass post of yours with an answer.

Drakken

Click on the province you want to settle your capital in, above the settlement interface you will see a little crown in a button beside the province's name. Click on it and there you go.

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on February 12, 2012, 01:53:20 PM

Click on the province you want to settle your capital in, above the settlement interface you will see a little crown in a button beside the province's name. Click on it and there you go.

That's not what he is asking for.

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on February 12, 2012, 01:54:37 PM

Because you cannot change the capital of a county. First settlement only.

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on February 12, 2012, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 12, 2012, 01:54:37 PM

Because you cannot change the capital of a county. First settlement only.

That explains why I can't do it.

So the county of Benevento will always be a bishopric and there is no way to get rid of the worng government penalty so that will just continually be a revolving door of holy men that get imprisoned and executed every few years?

That should be fine.

Drakken

I remember though that I have given a Duchy to a Bishop by mistake, and thus it became a Archbishopric and thus lost control over it. So technically, there is a way.  :Embarrass:

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on February 12, 2012, 02:26:53 PM
I remember though that I have given a Duchy to a Bishop by mistake, and thus it became a Archbishopric and thus lost control over it. So technically, there is a way.  :Embarrass:

I am having the same conversation over on Paradox and got this answer:

Quote from: icon41gimp;13421650Someone has to be holding the barony, whoever it is is probably a vassal to the prince-bishop.  Click on the county on the map, the window that pops up should have the bishopric at the top with pictures of each holding down below.  Click on the coat of arms in the upper left corner of the barony picture.  This should show you who is the holder of the barony.  Grant him the title to the county.  Least painful way is probably to let him rebel and then revoke his title after you win the war.

Unfortunately the Baron of Benevento is a vassal of the Pope, not me or the bishop of Benevento.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2012, 01:47:17 PM

Now I don't even know why I dignified that sorry-ass post of yours with an answer.

:huh:

I do thin it sad that your home nation is by default the one you know best about in the period. I'm not sure which of the many majors -I know the best.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 04:08:52 PM
Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2012, 01:47:17 PM

:huh:

I do thin it sad that your home nation is by default the one you know best about in the period. I'm not sure which of the many majors -I know the best.

Well considering your country doesn't exist in the relevant time period, I'm not sure how your experience is all that relevant.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I wrote this elsewhere but it is still relevent

I just finally had a fun game as Duke of Apulia, old Robert is not the easy mode he was in the first game.  The mongol hordes from Sicily pretty easily over ran me in my other tries.  I am bummed I didn't do the extended time crack before I started this one. :(

This time they stayed in Messina to seige it while I waited to raise any levies while they attrited a bit.  Once they finished the seige I marched across the straights and smacked them around pretty good.  I forgot you can't take land in a defensive war so I did waste some time sieging the Sicilian provinces, until I remembered.  Then I made peace, disbanded my levies and re-DOWed then immediately.  I was able to get my levies together and back across the straights in time and finally took the Sheihk's two provinces.  In the meantime some good news and some bad news.  I got a message that the Pope had found a claim against some of my holdings, I didn't read the whole message though, so not sure which one(s).  Also I had managed to marry one of my random nieces off to what turned out to be the heir to the Byzantine Empire, though I didn't realize it at the time.

After the Sicilian war I went back and went to war to press my manufactured claim on the county of Napoli.  While I was smacking him around one of the African Emirs (Cyrenaica maybe) declared war on me.  His stack was not as big as I expected but bigger than I could deal with at the time and they started sieging my new Sicilian provinces.  I went to the Call Allies button and asked everyone to come help me, that is when I realized I was allied with the Byzantines  :showoff:, and not only that, the Emperor was only 22 years old.  In no time at all there was a 4000 man army thrashing the africans around like nothing, which led to a pretty quick white peace.

At this point it has been 18 years so I quit, but I would have loved to have taken Rome and reestablish the Western Roman Empire with the help of my young Eastern ally.  I will have to try again when I get the real game, though it is really hard to recreate the same things in this game.

One of my favorite games in CK1 was Duke of Slovenia->King of Croatia->Byzantine Emperor.  Something happened to the save and I was never able to get anywhere close to that again.