News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

What is "wrong government type"?  It is causing the bishop of benevento to not like Robert d'hauteville.

Edit:  also I don't notice any improved relations when I send my kids to be educated by others.

Martinus

I agree with Sheilbh. "Homosexual" trait does not seem to mean they are "out" in the modern sense, but rather than they are suspected/rumoured to prefer the same sex.

Martinus

Quote from: sbr on February 12, 2012, 02:10:56 AM
What is "wrong government type"?  It is causing the bishop of benevento to not like Robert d'hauteville.

Do you hold any bishoprics directly in your demesne?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 12, 2012, 03:42:16 AM
I agree with Sheilbh. "Homosexual" trait does not seem to mean they are "out" in the modern sense, but rather than they are suspected/rumoured to prefer the same sex.

Then there are a lot of fucking rumors running about.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Well, if you take Polish kings alone, there are at least three in the CK2 period about whom there were rumors of homosexuality, recorded by the chronicles (including, the King you start with in 1066).

I don't think homosexual characters in CK2 make more than 1-2% of the general populace. Surely you are not claiming that's excessive?

Martinus

I mean, I'm fairly sure that of the people with no particular interest in the opposite sex, there are more who are homosexual than those who are asexual/"chaste", so it is a fair guess that a lot of the kings (and courtiers and the like) who chose church career or who never married or were reluctant to have many children were homosexual.

It's not like medieval chronicles were gossip column written by Perez Hilton - usually they were written by clerics and scholars under the sponsorship of royals themselves, so unless there was a very good reason to do so (usually to denigrate some predecessor or in the case of VERY out people), they would not record rumors of someone's homosexuality (Procopius of Ceasarea is an exception and he wrote a secret history that was not meant for publication).

Martinus

Here's an interesting article on homosexuality in middle ages, which suggests it was much more widespread (including, active homosexuality) than many people think: http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/A7715315

The Brain

Is there a "no homosexuals" mod?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Richard Hakluyt

Homosexuality in an elite martial caste, no way  :lol: !!!!

I would imagine that it was quite common, but would not get in the way of them marrying women and begetting heirs and so on. So, it seems to me, homosexual acts would be common but here would be few, if any, gays in the modern sense.

Martinus

That's how it is in the game I think. The negative modifier to fertility is less than that of "Chaste" and homosexual characters marry and have children. It also affects relations with some vassals which is also right imo.

Tamas

This is why you are not happy with low crown authority, and it allowing your vassals to fight their own petty wars among themselves:

That Transylvanian line of the family has been busy with various claimings inside the country for quite a while. I just married the Duchess to one of my sons because as you can see, if I ever piss her off, I face a rebellion by half of my own country.

Cool game :thumbsup:

Tamas

And yes, the Mongol event puts a bunch of mongols to the court of the player, ruining the game.

Josquius

Messing around more....is it just me or are there a few too many unwed rulers whose reign started 1 January in the game?
I guess it makes sense they wouldn't bother with that for the demo (what with it being unintended that those leaders can be played) but hope it is fixed for the real version
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

The exact date of the start of each ruler's reign is not known, January 1st is the default.