News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Rainbow colored dynasty graphics. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sahib

Quote from: Fireblade on February 11, 2012, 03:14:07 PM
I can't really think of any rulers from the time period that were "out". Richard the Lionheart is probably the most famous suspected gay king, but even he fathered an illegitimate son and was rumored to have had affairs with women. Even later kings who were more or less known to be gay still had sex with their wives, if only to continue their dynasty. I think having a homosexual trait that makes you absolutely infertile is a huge anachronism.

I don't think it makes you absolutely infertile - in files it's -0.15 modifier, slightly more than for stressed (-0.1).
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Martinus

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2012, 04:34:51 PM
Edward Ii, anyone?

He also had affairs with women and had illegitimate children.  Richard and Edward are hard to peg as Gay in the modern sense though at least Edward obviously loved his male lovers while Richard hated Phillippe Augustus (and I think that was kind of a one off thing in any case).  What about William Rufus?  He seems a better candidate to me as he had no offspring and seems to have had no interest in female company at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Kleves

Isn't the only evidence against Richard I some comment that he "shared a bed with" Philip Augustus, which was a common way to say politically friendly?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

HVC

Dammit. i want an early release.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jaron

Quote from: Kleves on February 11, 2012, 06:12:47 PM
Isn't the only evidence against Richard II some comment that he "shared a bed with" Philip Augustus, which was a common way to say politically friendly?

That would be pretty creepy. Richard II was born a century after Philips death. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2012, 04:34:51 PM
Edward Ii, anyone?

The best bet for a gay English King to me would be William Rufus.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on February 11, 2012, 02:07:43 PM
The HRE appears to be the exception so far, however. It just carries too much weight - it would need a quick succession of sizeable fiefs declaring independence to make it collapse.

Oh don't worry, I have seen it collapse.

EDIT : I wish I could show you the current map of a collapsed HRE, but I can't under NDA. But this will allow me to attempt to place one of my younger Estridssen sons as Duke of Brandeburg. 

Fireblade

Isn't it kind of shitty that all these broke ass niggas from shithole Eastern European states (I'm looking at you, Tamas) have been playing the pirated full game for like two days now, while everyone else who pre-ordered this shit has to wait three more days? <_<

FU Paradox

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fireblade on February 11, 2012, 08:37:11 PM
Isn't it kind of shitty that all these broke ass niggas from shithole Eastern European states (I'm looking at you, Tamas) have been playing the pirated full game for like two days now, while everyone else who pre-ordered this shit has to wait three more days? <_<

FU Paradox

They'll burn in hell for their theft.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2012, 03:12:22 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on February 11, 2012, 02:52:34 PM
Is it me, or are WAY too many characters in this game gay?

Yeah I noticed that the prevalence of "out" homosexuals seems rather high.
Oh.  I didn't think of them as out.  Just my son happened to prefer the stable boys to his wife, but he still produced an heir (they're not infertile).  It didn't seem enormously prevalent to me.  Only one son and one daughter so far.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

gays: i guess the homo trait should be thought of as more of a raving super queen than the guy just liking dudes.

its been leaked early huh?
██████
██████
██████