News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Dude we...or at least I...have been jizzing over CK for years.  One of my favorite games ever I was still playing it from time to time last year for godsake.  I think we have always been pretty positive about it on this board.

Pity this game, which is actually good, probably will not get the sales of their WWII games which suck hardcore ass.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fireblade

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2012, 09:42:20 AM
Dude we...or at least I...have been jizzing over CK for years.  One of my favorite games ever I was still playing it from time to time last year for godsake.  I think we have always been pretty positive about it on this board.

Pity this game, which is actually good, probably will not get the sales of their WWII games which suck hardcore ass.

Well, yeah, but together, we as a community never miss a chance to be haters. Especially when it comes to Paradox games.

And HoI2 was a good game, asshole.

Valmy

Quote from: Fireblade on February 10, 2012, 09:48:12 AM
And HoI2 was a good game, asshole.

Yeah you fucks told me that and I bought it and it blew chunks.

But then Paradox rolled up their sleeves and made a sequel that was even worse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 10, 2012, 02:16:57 AM
As Cole Slaw of Poland, I don't think I should've married the 38 year old queen mother of Hungary.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on February 10, 2012, 09:48:12 AM
Well, yeah, but together, we as a community never miss a chance to be haters. Especially when it comes to Paradox games.

All the more reason to see our praise a valuable and rare.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fireblade on February 10, 2012, 12:23:20 AM
Okay, playing as Saxon England is hilarious.

I quickly accepted the inevitable and gave my crown to the bastard from Normandy. Little did he know, I had my fingers crossed when I told him "okay, kingdom is yours!". Within a year, my plot to assassinate that motherfucker had succeeded, and his minor son had inherited the throne. I bided my time, carefully building my money reserves while I prepared to present a fait accompli and demand my goddamn crown back. In two short years, I began looking for plotters to get my crown back, and found a quite willing ally in the Duke of Lancaster (or whatever), which had a 700% chance of succeeding. I was the King of England again, overlord of Normandy, and the Norwegians were back at home eating their rotten ass fish, going to Denmark to buy cheap booze, and doing.. whatever the fuck Norwegians do.

This is where shit got real. My second son, Edmund or some shit, whom I had made the count of Devon, assassinated some relative of mine, I don't know who, so I tried to throw that nigger in prison but he escaped. Then his bitch ass Hungarian wife tried to kill my son, so I actually did throw her ass in prison. Some other shit went down, my firstborn got disinherited in favor of my traitor ass second son, and the Duke of Normandy revolted. I put that shit down, when my second son, the Count of Devon, decided to start some shit and revolt. "Oh HELL NAW!", King Harald bellowed, and raised every nigga in the kingdom to go beat his ass. The Count of Eu also decided then would be a good time to revolt, but fuck Normandy, I'll get his ass later.

In a few months, my son was in prison tossing salad, and my mercenaries were preparing to sail to Eu to kick that dude's ass. On the way there, all of northern England revolted, I was low on money, and most of my levies were depleted. Luckily, my mercenaries captured several rich hostages from the Count of Eu's army, so I accepted white peace and sailed back to England to get real on that nigga. The Duke of Normandy revolted again, along with the Count of Mortain and some bishop in Northern England. Then, the King of France graciously decided to help me with my frog problem. Thousands of Frenchmen went through that shit like Huns going through the Ardennes, mercilessly crushing the traitor Normans. Much to my surprise, they then annexed most of my vassals there! Then, to add insult to injury, the King of France bribed the Pope with some young, nubile altar boys and excommunicated me! Can you believe that shit?

The war in the north settled into some weird ass farce. I lack the resources to conquer the Lancaster and Northumbria, and they lack the resources to conquer me. I chase their people around, take a hostage or two, ransom them to keep my forces in the field a few months longer. Along the way, my third son begged me to release that fucking traitor my wife shit out a few decades back, and like a dumbass I listened to him. As soon as I let him out of prison, that ungrateful faggot revolted again and claimed my throne! This time, I wasn't waiting for his broke ass to scrape up 120 gold for bail. I threw his ass to the dogs as soon as I captured him.

..And I still have 5 years left in this game before I hit the 20 year limit. Holy fuck, this game is going to kick ass.

And you'll be able to raise an anti-pope try to fuck over Pope Raper XV.  :)

sbr

CK2 was the #1 top seller on Steam the first day it was available for pre-order there.  It is still top ten.

PRC

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2012, 09:42:20 AM

Yeah, CK1 was always my favourite Paradox game - though I thought HOI2 and EUIII were "better" games.  CK2 is shaping up to be both for me, which is great!

Habbaku

Pre-ordered.  Hard to deny a $34 game thanks to the IGN discount.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Apparently if you participate in a hunt and there is a plot going to kill you, you can get a "fatal accident" event where you are left off to fight a boar. I love this game. :D

Martinus

I hope they mod a GoT scenario

Ed Anger

I'm going to have stop playing the demo. I had the perfect Duke of Achaea game going. Emperor Jon Lovitz was giving me counties. Thanks for the serbs Emperor! I controlled the Addidas tracksuit factory in Belgrade.  :)

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2012, 06:28:22 PM
I hope they mod a GoT scenario

There is a mod that already has the map way in progress.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

okay so I am drunk and not at home but apparently the pirated version has been released.

This leaves me with very mixed feelings. At one hand, if true, I can play day before 2/14, on the other hand it's a blow to Paradox on their first non-fucked up game in quite a while. :(

Fireblade

Quote from: Tamas on February 10, 2012, 07:08:12 PM
okay so I am drunk and not at home but apparently the pirated version has been released.

This leaves me with very mixed feelings. At one hand, if true, I can play day before 2/14, on the other hand it's a blow to Paradox on their first non-fucked up game in quite a while. :(

I am totally shocked that the Hungarian would find out about a pirated game first. :rolleyes:

BTW: Where's it at bro