News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Btw, it's a bit stereotypical (but funny) that every time I have seen a woman with Martial skill in the area of 16-20, she was a lesbian. :P

Martinus

Btw, have you ever been given any titles by your liege? In my game as Burgundy, my King gave me three counties (admittedly, two of them somewhere at the other end of the world, but one in Normandy) and the ducal title of Mallorca.

In terms of relationship building, my chancellor spent most of his time on a mission to Paris (also works great for improving relations with royal courtiers - which in turns is a great help if you plan to run any plots in your liege's court), I had a tripple marital alliance to France (my son was bethrothed to the royal princess, my daughter was the Queen Consort and my other daughter was married to the King's brother) and the king was also my nephew. I noticed however that he started to give me titles not when our relationship was good but when it dropped from a high level due to his reforms and the like - it's possible the AI starts giving out titles when it notices a big negative delta to the relations status.

Tamas

Just shut the fuck up already, I DO NOT WANT to play the demo now until the full game is out. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on February 09, 2012, 05:46:15 PM
Well so much for that - game crashed on 1st day...  The other method is complicated so I'll wait.

G.

Try again maybe? I managed to play for three generations (and I think around 40 years) before the game crashed.

Martinus

This must be the best unintentionally funny AAR so far:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?583967-Stuck-in-jail&s=91a4e8c357f728a8e527f528311c433c

:D

Crusader Kings 2 - the only game where losing is actually more fun than winning.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2012, 04:56:11 AM
Btw, it's a bit stereotypical (but funny) that every time I have seen a woman with Martial skill in the area of 16-20, she was a lesbian. :P
:hmm: From what I remember Joan of Arc was fond of men and even worded her vow of chastity in an unusual manner, limiting it until the war was won.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

lol fuck me, I went to a Hungarian gaming forum to seek ideas regarding a grammar challenge I am facing while modyfing the cultural defs for Hungarians. Stumbled upon a "this game's graphics doesn't justify a more than 10 euros pricetag" discusssion. Seesh

Richard Hakluyt

:lol:

As good an opportunity as any to say that I quite like the graphics, far better than the usual Paradox effort.

Martinus

Well, don't be so hard on Hungarians. It may be difficult to pay the worth of a yearly supply of beets for a game.

Martinus

Damn, I'm active again on the Paradox forums. It feels like 2001.  :lol:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2012, 07:40:01 AM
Damn, I'm active again on the Paradox forums. It feels like 2001.  :lol:

no shit  :D

It is very nostalgic to see the crowd here so enthusiastic.

Come on, Tuesday!

Grallon

I had no idea you could initiate plots yourself...  I guess I'll have to do the tutorial about that.  I've been obsessed about raising revenues and securing needful alliances.  All I knew about plots were the constant stream of messages about others plotting this or that.  I kept telling the initiator to stop his shit but... well that opens up another dimension altogether.  :)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on February 10, 2012, 08:35:18 AM
I had no idea you could initiate plots yourself...  I guess I'll have to do the tutorial about that.  I've been obsessed about raising revenues and securing needful alliances.  All I knew about plots were the constant stream of messages about others plotting this or that.  I kept telling the initiator to stop his shit but... well that opens up another dimension altogether.  :)

G.

If you haven't started any plots, you must be not paying attention as there is an icon that pops up whenever you have no plot selected for your main character (similar to the ones you get when eg. your ruler is not married or you have a vacant position on the council). :P

I hope they increase the number of available "plots" in future though as currently it's quite limited.

Valmy

Ok this game is fucking awesome.  I know it will probably crash after 200 years and it is probably unbalanced as hell and is probably loaded with bad design decisions but it it super fun just like CK1.

Well done Paradox this was all I expected of you.  :cool:

Game: bought.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fireblade

Yeah, after I bought Vicky2, I swore off buying Paradox games at launch forever. Then the CK2 demo was released.

I wonder if Johan still lurks Languish? I bet he'd flip the fuck out if he saw everyone on here jizzing their pants over this game.