News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Grallon on February 05, 2012, 06:30:22 AM
Launched a game as King of Poland (...) - took a 80 fame hit to marry some fat non entity because she had nice stewardship and diplomacy stats - only to discover I couldn't appoint her on the council.  <_<   Are appointments tied to the succession laws in anyway?  Hmm  come to think of it she was Queen Consort - and not Queen...  Perhaps because she wasn't a noble?

I confess I feel a little overwhelmed by all the choices you can make - all the actions you can do... 
G.1

If she's a low-born she won't be Queen, but just a consort. Think of it as a morganatic marriage.

And no, IIRC a woman cannot be appointed in the Council EXCEPT for Spymaster if she's either your wife or your mother. I'm not sure if it can be changed through Crown Laws, I thought I read somewhere that they could.

garbon

Btw, I believe the demo tutorial pointed out that you still want a wife with high diplomacy as half of her value is added to the realm's diplomacy.

edit: Found it

QuoteYour diplomatic advisor. Select one with as high diplomatic skill as possible, this persons value, plus your own, plus half of your wife's is what makes up the state diplomacy value. That affects how all characters not employed by you view you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2012, 12:00:59 PM
I missed Paradox forums. For example:

QuoteGreat demo, but there are some historical inaccuracies.

1.Capital of County of Rashka is not Prizren, it is Ras.
2.City of Dioclea is not in Rashka, it is in Zeta and it doesn't exist in the 11th century.
3.Capital of County of Naisus is Nish the birthplace of Constantine the Great, not Koprijan.
4.Hum is in the wrong place, and the city of Novi Pazar is first time mentioned in 1461 and it's not in Hum like Pec either.
5.House of Dukljanin doesn't exist, there is House of Vojislavljevic.

:homestar:

:lol: I saw that. It's always the balkantards who whine about stupid shit like some city not being in the right place. I mean, fuck, Paradox hasn't gotten Arkansas geography right once in a game, and you don't see me writing jeremiads on the forum.

Okay, so Venice isn't playable. Ethiopia is hilarious, though. I think I'll write an AAR when the game comes out. Also, shall we begin planning our first MP game now? I vote that we play French dukes.

PRC

Another thing i'd like to see is a demesne map similar to the first Crusader Kings.  You click on your own province and you see your directly controlled counties in one colour, your Dukes counties in another colour and your Counts counties in another shade.  Loved that map mode in the first game and haven't found a map mode that i'm entirely happy with in the sequel.

garbon

Yeah, best so far for me was direct vassals map but that doesn't do what you're asking for.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Garbon, let's do an MP game with Jaron. I'll play Ethiopia, Jaron will play Axum, and you can be Nubia. Together, we niggaz will go to the next hood and steal those cracker-ass Egyptians' TVs.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 01:22:14 PM
Yeah, best so far for me was direct vassals map but that doesn't do what you're asking for.

use the diplomacy map view, your vassals will be green.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2012, 01:53:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 01:22:14 PM

use the diplomacy map view, your vassals will be green.

Yeah but that's an obnoxious mode to play on.

Ed Anger

I noticed the portrait of Michael Doukas is Jon Lovitz. He has risen in the world.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Is there a bride finder?
With marrying for love/stats being out in the game (a good move really) finding exactly the right noble lady seems it could be a difficult and annoying task....
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
Is there a bride finder?
With marrying for love/stats being out in the game (a good move really) finding exactly the right noble lady seems it could be a difficult and annoying task....

:huh:

Yes. When was there ever marrying for love? You still can marry for stats (i.e. diplomacy!) but rank also matters as well (so as to avoid prestige hits, etc.).

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 09:20:03 PM
Is there a bride finder?

Yes. When was there ever marrying for love? You still can marry for stats (i.e. diplomacy!) but rank also matters as well (so as to avoid prestige hits, etc.).

I was joking, RPwise I explained away marrying a random nobody for their stats as marrying for love.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2012, 09:23:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 09:20:03 PM
Is there a bride finder?

I was joking, RPwise I explained away marrying a random nobody for their stats as marrying for love.

How is that out of the game?

Drakken

It's not out of the game, husbands and wives can fall in love and fall out of love.

Josquius

Quote from: sbr on February 05, 2012, 09:25:55 PM

How is that out of the game?

The big fame hits for marrying nobodies.
Makes sense for encouraging realistic and political marriages and will make marrying folk just for their stats less common. Maybe I exaggerate by saying out of the game, no clue what numbers count as big and small, 80 fame sounded a big enough hit to make such uncommon though.
██████
██████
██████