News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Good to know classic CK gameplay is there. :)
Continuing the inbreeding, I gave an other daugther to my cousin or whoever, and made him Count of Brno. Later I discovered that the asswipe was plotting to lay claim on my Duchy. I told him to fuck off and give back his title, he promptly rebelled, and apparently he had some other count in his little plot. But I won and imprisoned him.

Since he was still married to my daughter, who clearly deserved better, I had him executed. Which made me a kinslayer, and my subjects started considering me a tyrant, which prompted one of my sons hungarian wife to plot my assasination. I asked her to stop, which she did. :P

Cecil

Well I decided to play as the prince of Byzantium and decided to try my hand at assassinating the emperor which had an absurdly low chance of succeding. Still managed to pull it off then played 19 years as the emperor of Byzantium. Had a good son coming along that was to inherit both Byz and Georgia. Also had a holy war against Aleppo which considering I had about 50k troops and he had 6k didnt take long. Almost got too easy as the emp tbh.

garbon

One thing I don't understand is how you are supposed to know who your potential plots are against. I couldn't figure out a way short of looking through realms/character lists of figuring out who was being referred to.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2012, 12:38:31 PM
One thing I don't understand is how you are supposed to know who your potential plots are against. I couldn't figure out a way short of looking through realms/character lists of figuring out who was being referred to.

Yeah, I couldn't figure that out either.  A location for the targetted character needs to be added to the hover text.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I'm going to pre-order, probably will regret it and find the game unplayable until Dec. (when it'll sell for $14.99), but I guess I'm an optimist on this regard.

I guess my hope is, even out of the box CK, with all its insane flaws and horribly gameplay mechanics and overall retarded game design at times, was still amazingly fun and one of the more captivating PDox games I've played outside of EU II.

Darth Wagtaros

I want to pre-order. I ain't using Paypal.
PDH!

Liep

Isn't it going to be available as preorder on steam?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Demo's fun... though i can't seem to win any damn seiges lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 04, 2012, 05:10:44 PM

What paranoia is it that keeps you from using paypal?

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 04, 2012, 07:25:06 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 04, 2012, 05:10:44 PM

What paranoia is it that keeps you from using paypal?

I'm currently annoyed with paypal. When they instituted their new account verification system they didn't seem to put any thought into individuals who had previously established accounts. I first made an account either senior year of high school or early college and so my initial address and credit card used my home address in Massachusetts. After some dispute on something I tried to purchase on paypal, I ended up with about 100 bucks sitting in the paypal system that I used over the years to pay for various shit and although I eventually changed my address, I never entered any new credit card info and that card has since expired.  Now fast forward to that account verification crap and they want me to verify my address after they send a mailer to my massachusetts address, despite my home address being input as New York.  Because my account is limited, I can't enter new credit card info to get a new verification address, nor can I use the ~30 bucks that I still had left in the system. <_<

Fireblade

I bet this game is FUN AS SHIT if you get a lot of people doing MP. Everyone playing in a realm like France or the Holy Roman Empire.

Anyway lol wtf, this game is insanely complicated. Like Dwarf Fortress complicated. It's going to take me awhile to figure out how to do everything.

Also: I like the Falalalalalalalalalalala remix in the soundtrack.  :)

Josquius

Lol at the kaiser picture.

I can't even seem to find the game on steam. I'm unsure right now, my UK account is low on funds at the moment and I haven't figured out how to top it up yet.

A quick look at the demo and it does indeed seem complicated. Hopefully not in the HOI3 overly so because it sucks sort of way!
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on February 04, 2012, 09:47:29 PM
A quick look at the demo and it does indeed seem complicated. Hopefully not in the HOI3 overly so because it sucks sort of way!

There's a bunch of bits and pieces but having played CK, EU3 and Rome wasn't really that hard to pick up. Pretty easy to get going casually.

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on February 04, 2012, 09:47:29 PM
Lol at the kaiser picture.

I can't even seem to find the game on steam. I'm unsure right now, my UK account is low on funds at the moment and I haven't figured out how to top it up yet.

It's not available on Steam yet, which is weird considering just a few months ago they were planning on it being Steam exclusive.  :hmm: