News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Am I missing something? I don't see any whining about this on the Paradox forums.

ulmont

Quote from: Faeelin on January 31, 2012, 09:25:55 PM
Am I missing something? I don't see any whining about this on the Paradox forums.

I'm sure any complaints were deleted as trolling.  The discussions are several pages back in the forum.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on January 31, 2012, 09:25:55 PM

There was at least one discussion thread about the DLC with many individuals complaining. That's where I got my info from that I posted in this thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

I pre-ordered...  :blush:   Fully expecting some glitches and issues but am optimistically hoping they're minor.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on January 31, 2012, 10:48:07 AM
Except there was no such thing as a coat of arms for a lineage. 

Incorrect. Polish nobility *only* had lineage-based coats of arms.

Josquius

Does anyone know of any list of regional/national pre-order places?
I am very tempted. And digital purchases suck.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I'm not getting anything until two expansions after the final expansion.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 02, 2012, 07:19:09 AM

you will have to register the game on Steam anyway, you might as well buy it there.

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on February 02, 2012, 09:09:18 AM
you will have to register the game on Steam anyway, you might as well buy it there.
Interesting. gamersgate lists it as DRM-free

sbr

The gg version is supposed to be independent of steam.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 02, 2012, 02:24:56 AM
Incorrect. Polish nobility *only* had lineage-based coats of arms.

You sure?  The White Eagle looks like it was the Poland CoA even after that buncha Lithuanians took over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Wow.  What a Luddite.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2012, 01:28:07 PM

Wow.  What a Luddite.

I don't know I'm not the most enthused about digital purchases of games either.  I think it might be that although the platforms that are available for downloads seem pretty stable and viable for the foreseeable future - nothing lasts forever and I don't want my purchase tied to a dead service.  For the most part, though I might misplace them for periods of time, I don't really have many games whose discs have wholly disappeared or been broken.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2012, 01:34:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2012, 01:28:07 PM

Wow.  What a Luddite.

I don't know I'm not the most enthused about digital purchases of games either.  I think it might be that although the platforms that are available for downloads seem pretty stable and viable for the foreseeable future - nothing lasts forever and I don't want my purchase tied to a dead service.  For the most part, though I might misplace them for periods of time, I don't really have many games whose discs have wholly disappeared or been broken.

Yep, pretty much.  The only game disks that I've had disappear are the ones I tossed.

Though in fairness, trying to get an older game to run on modern computers can be a challange, even with the disk.

Valmy

I love Steam.  So easy to use.  Granted I do sorta worry about the day it ceases to exist but really technology has sorta nuked all my plans to nostalgically play oldies.