News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

The problem is that the games Paradox has done after EUIII haven't really been fun, though they've apparantly been more stable on release than their older games.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on January 12, 2012, 11:16:01 PM
The problem is that the games Paradox has done after EUIII haven't really been fun, though they've apparantly been more stable on release than their older games.

I haven't played any of them so I wouldn't know  :ph34r:

I am just hoping for an updated CK here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2012, 11:33:11 PM
Quote from: dps on January 12, 2012, 11:16:01 PM

I haven't played any of them so I wouldn't know  :ph34r:

Well, except for Rome, I'm just going off the demos and reports I've heard on the newer games.

Josquius

Victoria 2 was quite alright.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I only got HOI3 and didn't find it much fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on January 13, 2012, 08:56:17 PM
Victoria 2 was quite alright.

You will be happy to learn then that it's expansion pack is out on the 24th

Tamas

Delayed until the 14th. :ultra:

I wonder if this is because of what I decipher from his twitter message, Johan fubared something in the imminent vicky2 expansion release, which also was delayed a week.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 23, 2012, 10:23:00 AM
Delayed until the 14th. :ultra:

Eh.  Big deal.  I have waited 8 years I can wait another week.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

So.. Feb 14th then?  Been wanting this for so long - I have a feeling it'll be an anticlimax... <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on January 23, 2012, 01:36:25 PM
So.. Feb 14th then?  Been wanting this for so long - I have a feeling it'll be an anticlimax... <_<

G.

You're going to catch VD. :secret:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Wanted to get in on some old school CK before the new one comes out, by CK complete on Amazon is 19.99!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Hmmm....I've never pre-ordered before but...

QuoteIt's been seven years since you guys first started asking about a sequel to Crusader Kings. At this point every extra minute spent waiting must have the weight of an hour, but we're nearly there. We are. In fact, we're so close that you can now not only pre-order the game on certain sites, but we can reveal that doing so will get you the first two DLCs absolutely free! Pre-order

then again what qualifies as a DLC?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 12:25:39 PM
Hmmm....I've never pre-ordered before but...

QuoteIt's been seven years since you guys first started asking about a sequel to Crusader Kings. At this point every extra minute spent waiting must have the weight of an hour, but we're nearly there. We are. In fact, we're so close that you can now not only pre-order the game on certain sites, but we can reveal that doing so will get you the first two DLCs absolutely free! Pre-order

then again what qualifies as a DLC?

Probably face parts for the portraits:
Habsburg chin
Iberian nose
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

In this case, the two DLCs are:

-coats of arms so you don't end up with random ones for the historical dynasties
-mongol faces so the mongols do not look like sand negroes

Syt

Is this some sort of sick joke?

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-CK2DS/crusader-kings-ii-dynasty-shields

QuoteThis pack contains 50 unique dynastic shields for the 50 most famous families of Medieval Europe. Including the historical insignia for :

von Habsburg
    af Bjälbo
    Komnenos
    Rurikovich
    Plantangenet
    von Wittelsbach
    Ylving

:huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.