News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Octavian

At least it wasn't Johan playing the lead with that accent of his.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 20, 2011, 12:50:27 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2011, 09:04:45 PM
Quote from: Kleves on November 19, 2011, 09:51:53 AM
Here is, I shit you not, a live action trailer for CKII: http://www.gamespot.com/crusader-kings-ii/videos/live-action-crusaders-kings-ii-trailer-6346323
Map sucks.  Also acting.
I think they're trying to be ironically bad.

I think it's a fair preview.  The actors act about as well as Paradox implements features.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Octavian on November 20, 2011, 03:39:01 AM
At least it wasn't Johan playing the lead with that accent of his.

Yeah I'd rather these odd trailers than his game demonstrations. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

I am.. cautiously optimistic. :blush:

Octavian

Quote from: Fireblade on November 24, 2011, 08:19:36 AM
I am.. cautiously optimistic. :blush:

You will be.. spectacularly disappointed  :P
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

sbr

The next live action trailer.  Crusader Kings II - Seven Deadly Sins: Greed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xIxrx5i1To

garbon

I'm not sure how I feel about the Mongols and their special rules (start off with troops that don't get attrition).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

I might actually get this. The game looks really cool. Never was much into CK1 but this looks like the game it should have been. Just hope it doesnt ship in an unplayable state but the streams make me optimistic on that front.

HisMajestyBOB

I really want to get this at release, but I feel like I should know better.  :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 11, 2012, 10:24:06 PM
You really should.  Buy it when it goes to 90% off online, by which point it will have been patched into non-shittiness.  Maybe.

But you still won't be able to play an entire game, since the endgame of the engine would crash a quantum computer from the year 2070.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

syk

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 11, 2012, 10:24:06 PM
That. Exactly that.

HVC

i'll get it at realease. i got CK at release and enjoyed it. can't imagine CK2 will be really that different at realease. Paradox games aren't fun becasue they're perfect, they're fun despite that fact their often flawed.

Also, i really like the trailers, but maybe i'm just easily amused.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Yeah all they have to do is make it as fun as CK1.  CK was incredibly buggy and downright unplayable and a total mess but it was a great game despite that.  So come on Paradox make a crap game that is really fun again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."