News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It has an error in Holy Fury - you can't generate a random landmass, even though they imply it ("like random New World in EU4").
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

*eye twitches uncontrollably*

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Can you belong to the Bear culture if you're not a bear? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

28 is pretty old for a bear. I don't think a bear that old would still have living parents. This one aspect makes me think this scenario of a bear ruling of continent spawning empire unlikely.

Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2019, 09:39:23 AM
Can you belong to the Bear culture if you're not a bear? :hmm:

No twinks allowed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

My current playthrough went totally south when, as King of Jorvik, I created England only to discover I couldn't then destroy Jorvik.  My king was basically Mart, in that he was a gay newly-converted /zealot Catholic who loved tackling (high martial skill) so much he got himself killed in battle against the remnants of Wessex, which meant his sons divided England in half with a now-independent Jorvik, and the king of Jorvik was of course a pagan. :mad:

Now that I think about it, that king's mother was Polish too!  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on March 09, 2019, 12:59:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2019, 10:02:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 08, 2019, 09:30:14 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 07, 2019, 09:17:50 PM
Agreed... I still don't own The Republic (or whatever it's called) or Sunset Invasion, because I just have zero interest in playing a merchant republic and as for the other one.... just no. :bleeding:

Yeah the Sunset Invasion is lame as fuck. I am glad they never made any shit like that again.

"Our new expansion explores a hypothetical scenario where Tibet occupies China!!!!111"

Though they did include all that animal/furry nonsense...but thankfully not a separate DLC.

I'd like to say that if they did, no one would buy it, but I don't want to lie--I'm sure it would sell pretty well.

Anecdotal, but on Something Awful, where Sunset Invasion was also panned, the animal stuff has been universally hailed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2019, 07:55:08 AM
Anecdotal, but on Something Awful, where Sunset Invasion was also panned, the animal stuff has been universally hailed.

Horrifying...but still better than the people excited about this game being a white supremacy simulator.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Nobody said that, but rather that this is the type of game that certain types gravitate towards (kind of how WW2 communities often attract unpleasant people).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 18, 2019, 09:02:16 AM
Nobody said that, but rather that this is the type of game that certain types gravitate towards (kind of how WW2 communities often attract unpleasant people).

Yes I was saying that some people are treating it that way, not that it is. You can play a game of CK2 without any Europeans ever coming anywhere close to your happy little corner of West Africa (dominated by your tyrannical pagan empire).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on March 18, 2019, 08:28:16 AM
Stupid young people.
I'd say the average poster on SA is between the age of 30 and 40.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2019, 02:19:50 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 18, 2019, 08:28:16 AM
Stupid young people.
I'd say the average poster on SA is between the age of 30 and 40.

That just makes it worse.

Josephus

Ok. Running into a couple issues in my first game.

Playing with no DLCs. I'm a female ruler of the Kingdom of Ireland with Primogeniture inheritance.
My oldest son dies and my new heir is his older sister. She happens to be in a normal marriage to the King of Sweden.
Their oldest son stands to inherit both the Kingdom of Sweden and Ireland. However he's not of my dynasty.
Not good.

So I switch inheritance laws to Ultimogenitur, in order for my youngest child, also a girl, (but as yet unmarried) becomes heir.

But for some reason it still shows older daughter as heir. How come?

I fabricated a claim on the county of Oriel in North East Ireland. Oriel is in the Duchy of Mann and part of the Kingdom of Scotland.
I try to declare war but it is greyed out, telling me, the ruler "Duke Magnus" (Count of Oriel, but also Duke of Mann) is an independent.
A) So what?
B) how is he independent? His liege is the ruling Queen of Scotland, in fact he stands to inherit Scotland.

AS a sidebar, if i do manage to go to war, does his liege, the Queen, automatically join the war on his side?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maximus

For 2, I suspect there's a red star next to "is independent" which means that is a requirement that is not met. You need to declare war on his boss instead.

For 1, I'm not sure. Maybe a screenshot would help us understand it?