News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I'd like that stuff a lot more if there were an option to turn off the "silly" stuff.

Mind you, I'd keep the silly stuff on all the time, but still.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

:hmm: I thought there was a 'no supernatural events' toggle?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

:hmm: Shows how much I've played recently.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Yeah, said toggle has existed for at least a year now?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2019, 12:26:59 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 10:34:26 PM

It is a pleasant diversion from constantly being overthrown through plots and revolts, which is what I spend most of my time doing in CK2

Because you're not very good at it. :console:

Not everyone reloads as often as others do. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on February 12, 2019, 02:33:52 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2019, 12:26:59 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 10:34:26 PM

It is a pleasant diversion from constantly being overthrown through plots and revolts, which is what I spend most of my time doing in CK2

Because you're not very good at it. :console:

Not everyone reloads as often as others do. :P

I only play Ironman -_-

When my nobles dance on my corpse it just feels more meaningful that way :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2019, 02:19:07 PM
Yeah, said toggle has existed for at least a year now?

There's now also a "no absurd events" toggle.  It's not made clear which events are considered supernatural and which are absurd. 

Habbaku

All supernatural are absurd, but not all absurd are supernatural!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: Habbaku on February 12, 2019, 03:17:29 PM
All supernatural are absurd, but not all absurd are supernatural!

Not really.  A lot of the "supernatural" events can be interpreted as natural events that medieval people would mistakenly see as supernatural, like the crack in the earth event chain.  Some of them, though, like becoming immortal, you can't really interpret as mundane.

The absurd events are the ones like where you are replaced by a bear disguised as you.

garbon

75% most CK2 expansions from P'dox store through Saturday. 33% off Holy Fury. 7th anniversary sale.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I recently got Horse Lords (I know, way behind the times) and started my first playthrough as Genghiz Khan.

So um.... am I wrong or is this your sole objective as the Mongols: KILL.  :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 20, 2019, 01:13:20 PM
I recently got Horse Lords (I know, way behind the times) and started my first playthrough as Genghiz Khan.

So um.... am I wrong or is this your sole objective as the Mongols: KILL.  :contract:

In my experience you can over-stretch yourself if you get a little too excited about mass murder so you might want to be more strategic than that. But what do I know? I suck at this game. Ask Tim :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Like my go-to nation is Viking Jorvik and while you do a lot of killing as the Great Heathen Army, you are also supposed to, you know, govern and stuff.

It seems like the Mongols just slaughter everyone, cow kings into submission, and then go someplace else and rinse and repeat.

Which... I guess is what happened IRL? :hmm:

Josephus

So I've had this game for years, but never played it. Not sure why. But anyway ... trying to get into it now.

Should I get all, none, some DLCs?

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on March 07, 2019, 01:22:26 PM
So I've had this game for years, but never played it. Not sure why. But anyway ... trying to get into it now.

Should I get all, none, some DLCs?

Some are more interesting than others.  I would say depends on what kind of deal or sale you can get on them.  There's nothing wrong with starting out with just the base game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.