News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Eh, I'm not particularly concerned about the interaction ranges.  It's a necessary cheat for the game to work.  Realistically, people only had a vague idea where countries were.  When the game starts I doubt most Irish chieftains even knew that Norway existed. I doubt even the King of France had a clear idea of the geography of France.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Maybe TI doesn't work with exploration?
Just...as you get relationships with countries neighbouring the TI it steadily uncovers, build trade routes towards the TI it uncovers, massive empire forms under the TI there's a chance it uncovers.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 26, 2017, 03:56:40 PM
Eh, I'm not particularly concerned about the interaction ranges.  It's a necessary cheat for the game to work.  Realistically, people only had a vague idea where countries were.  When the game starts I doubt most Irish chieftains even knew that Norway existed. I doubt even the King of France had a clear idea of the geography of France.

Given that Irish were being raided by the Norse at the time, I'm pretty sure they knew that Norway existed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I started a game as Byzantium again.
It is still just too easy.
So your vassals get pissed off and rebel?
Who cares. You can afford to throw a tonne of mercenaries at them to throw them all in jail pretty quickly.

The only stalling point is that wars are so restricted in what you can take at once and I don't want such huge bad boy that the entire world DOWs me. So have to go slow
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 09, 2017, 10:09:11 AM
I'm fine with secret societies, cults, and such... it adds to the flavor. But they seem to be making them too powerful and effective in this DLC.

I mind as I'd rather they add flavour that is interesting for the period (more event chains, more interactions between characters) than add mechanics with new menus that are primarily fantasy based but I know people seem to love some of this fantastic shit and will lap it up.

Yeah, I'm with you. It seems pretty lame.

Jacob

Forgot to turn off sunset invasions after tooling around with a mod. Had the Aztecs show up in 810 or so and take a huge chunk out of the Umayyads (and the Abbasids already self destructed too).

Seems like they still have about 140,000 event troops around. I suppose I can whittle them down over time since it'll be a while before they get to me... still the whole thing seems tedious.

Zanza

That's the only CK2 game mechanics DLC (as opposed to graphical or musical DLCs) that I never bought.

Josquius

The aztecs usually show up at a point where I've already screwed up the world quite a lot,  so I just read them as a native West European insane pagan uprising.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I got Sunset Invasion in a DLC pack and I have never turned it on.

Syt

The only reason to switch it on is if you play in Western Europe but don't want to miss out on a Mongol Invasion kind of event.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

They are useful for that apocalyptic North America Mod.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2017, 04:23:22 AM
I got Sunset Invasion in a DLC pack and I have never turned it on.

It is the only DLC pack I did not get.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Zanza on February 06, 2017, 04:08:59 AM
That's the only CK2 game mechanics DLC (as opposed to graphical or musical DLCs) that I never bought.

Didn't get it or Reaper's Due.  Probably won't get the upcoming Monks and Mystics one, either.

garbon

Quote from: dps on February 06, 2017, 10:32:10 PM

Didn't get it or Reaper's Due.  Probably won't get the upcoming Monks and Mystics one, either.

Yeah, I used to snap up the CK2 DLC but now clear the are just coming up with dregs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Got it as part of a bundle when I bought the game for the first time.