News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I meant I felt like they deserved my business after such a nice work on the patch:

And as far as I can tell, the silly events come up when you choose to let your physican experiment on you in an event choice. Just don't.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I can find myself simulating worlds for the sake of it, not even playing them...

Zanza

The random map generator for the Americas is kinda interesting in EU4 as you actually explore the map. Not sure I am interested in a randomizer for CK2 though as I like playing with the historical conditions.

Josquius

Any idea why the ck2 complete hasn't been updated since 2012 or so?
A friend was looking into getting the game with the sale on at humble bundle but this strikes me as odd
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 12, 2016, 07:44:49 AM
Any idea why the ck2 complete hasn't been updated since 2012 or so?
A friend was looking into getting the game with the sale on at humble bundle but this strikes me as odd

I don't think they ever do that. It is just a collection from whatever the point of time where they labelled it complete. EU3 complete was only EU3 and its first two expansions.

I don't actually see how that would possibly work with steam to have it as 'complete' as then you'd have (as it was bought at different times) people with varying degrees of the 'complete' collection.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I am sure they'll have a "CK2 Ultimate" or so version once they published the last DLC (i.e. two more to go).

Queequeg

Playing HIP as a customized Shahi Dynasty, a Hindu Pashtun Dynasty. Don't include the Reaper DLC. Conquering Khorasan, converted to Zoroastrianism from Kali-devoting Hindu. The Manichaen Uyghur Khaganate has conquered most of the Kazakh and Kirghiz steppe, and my son (one of 8, I was a Shiva (fertility bonus) devotee with a wife and three concubines) is married to an Uyghur princess.

This is one of my favorite CK2 games ever and I'm not done with the first generation. The Islamic polities of Khorasan are in total collapse and I got an early strategic marriage with the Pratihara Maharaja meaning that for I can call on 15k Indians for my massive wars of conquest. My son has Genius and Brawny and Brilliant Strategist and his marriage with the Uyghur Princess and the fact that he's half Pratihara means he'll stand a decent chance of conquering all of the Sassanid Empire and his children will be cool looking graphic Uyghurs.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

GOOD THOUGHTS GOOD WORDS GOOD DEEDS MOTHERFUCKERS
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Queequeg on September 12, 2016, 03:51:05 PM
Playing HIP as a customized Shahi Dynasty, a Hindu Pashtun Dynasty. Don't include the Reaper DLC. Conquering Khorasan, converted to Zoroastrianism from Kali-devoting Hindu. The Manichaen Uyghur Khaganate has conquered most of the Kazakh and Kirghiz steppe, and my son (one of 8, I was a Shiva (fertility bonus) devotee with a wife and three concubines) is married to an Uyghur princess.

This is one of my favorite CK2 games ever and I'm not done with the first generation. The Islamic polities of Khorasan are in total collapse and I got an early strategic marriage with the Pratihara Maharaja meaning that for I can call on 15k Indians for my massive wars of conquest. My son has Genius and Brawny and Brilliant Strategist and his marriage with the Uyghur Princess and the fact that he's half Pratihara means he'll stand a decent chance of conquering all of the Sassanid Empire and his children will be cool looking graphic Uyghurs.

I am now inspired to next start a game in India.  I have thus far only played Europeans or Africans.  Not interested in Muslims.

garbon

The amount of toggles continues to grow. Looks like, with them monitoring, they are trying to quantify whether default settings should change.

QuoteWe have added more Game Rules:

Supernatural events can be set to Unrestricted, allowing the AI to have fun with them too.

Both Mongol and Aztec invasions can be set to "Delayed Random" where they will show up at random but not before the year 1000 and not before the game has been played for 50 years.

Turkic Conquerors can be set to Historical/Random/Off.

Way of Life users can set Dueling to Normal/Restricted/Unrestricted.

Both Vassal and Demesne limits can be set to Normal/Unlimited/50%/25%

Grant Independence can be set to Normal/Unrestricted.

Assassinate plots in MP can be set to Normal/No Players/No Players + Heirs/No Player Dynasty.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Phillip V on September 12, 2016, 06:58:15 PM

I am now inspired to next start a game in India.  I have thus far only played Europeans or Africans.  Not interested in Muslims.

My Buddhist game was great fun.  The ability of Buddhist rulers to designate any of their eligible children as their primary heir almost makes them over-powered, if it weren't offset by the limited CBs available outside your own culture group.  At the very least, the ability to designate your successor coupled with the +4 to learning that Buddhists get means that you should almost never have a bad ruler.

Haven't really tried a serious game as a Hindu or Jain yet.  Expansion as a Jain is probably pretty tough.