News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Drakken on August 26, 2016, 10:39:54 AM
Started a 769 game as Svithod and Sigurd Ring, Ragnarr Lodbrok's father. Baby kid Ragnarr soon caught stomach cramps that developed into dysentery, and the legendary viking leader died while doing his little thing on the potty (literally what I got as message).

Immediately 'hired' three debutantes as concubines, and soon my wife got pregnant. Sadly, before she gave birth Denmark declared war to me. In battle 26-Martial Sigurd got smacked on the head and became incapable due to brain damage. He then lost one eye, and finally was struck one last time to die on the battlefield.

The End.
That happens way too often.
I guess more martial leaders like leading from the front so if anyone of their 10,000 man army gets hit by the peasant rebels its them.

But why they'd be incapable rather than just dying right away...that should be a super rare thing.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2016, 07:21:33 AM
Started a 769 game as Svithod and Sigurd Ring, Ragnarr Lodbrok's father. Baby kid Ragnarr soon caught stomach cramps that developed into dysentery, and the legendary viking leader died while doing his little thing on the potty (literally what I got as message).

Immediately 'hired' three debutantes as concubines, and soon my wife got pregnant. Sadly, before she gave birth Denmark declared war to me. In battle 26-Martial Sigurd got smacked on the head and became incapable due to brain damage. He then lost one eye, and finally was struck one last time to die on the battlefield.

The End.
That happens way too often.
I guess more martial leaders like leading from the front so if anyone of their 10,000 man army gets hit by the peasant rebels its them.

But why they'd be incapable rather than just dying right away...that should be a super rare thing.

They have the best helmets in the land!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

The End.

Ancient aliens did it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

The Queen of Hungary (my kinsman) was getting old, and since her heir was of the father's dynasty, I invited a claimant to my court and put him on the throne. Somehow, that made him a vassal of the HRE. Not sure how that worked, I'm not the Emperor, although I finally am the heir with six votes against a divided field.

Not sure how long this game will last. Changed my inheritance to primogeniture a while back and my current son (who was the grandson at the time and way down the ladder of inheritance of seniority) married matrilineally unbeknownst to me. Unbelievably, his wife died only having born two girls and he married matrilineally again! As heir to the thrones of Bohemia and Poland. I thought that was coded not to happen?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

While my King immediately died, so I won't be Emperor.

The heir of Bohemia is a cousin, Poland a daughter of mine. Hopefully I can reign ten years and change that to agnatic and avoid having a son with this women. Donated 300 to the Templar's but still not enough sway with the Pope for a divorce. Think I'll go holy warring in Lithuania.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

They went out of control with all the options listed in starting a new game...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2016, 08:41:07 AM
Not sure how long this game will last. Changed my inheritance to primogeniture a while back and my current son (who was the grandson at the time and way down the ladder of inheritance of seniority) married matrilineally unbeknownst to me. Unbelievably, his wife died only having born two girls and he married matrilineally again! As heir to the thrones of Bohemia and Poland. I thought that was coded not to happen?

There's something wrong with how marriage rules are coded in the new patch.  Playing as a Romuva pagan, I can't get marriages with other types of pagans without using favors (which is correct), but I can get freely get marriages with Christians (both Catholic and Orthodox).  I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. 

Drakken

My Duke got teh rabies, which is mortal in-game within a month (as in real-life). In desperation, I ask my Court Physician to try something, anything, to save my poor life. He decided the only way to cure was to tie me down... and remove my jaw and part of my face to cure the disease. :bleeding:

But, it worked! :pope: Rabies is gone (don't ask me how and why), but I have to wear a mask for the rest of my life because I would be so hideous I would put the Phantom of the Opera for shame.

Feels almost the Pride situation from Se7en. I was quite the looker, and I had the choice between dying right there or live ugly like an pig's ass. At least he didn't cut my balls.

dps

Quote from: Drakken on August 28, 2016, 10:41:24 PM
My Duke got teh rabies, which is mortal in-game within a month (as in real-life). In desperation, I ask my Court Physician to try something, anything, to save my poor life. He decided the only way to cure was to tie me down... and remove my jaw and part of my face to cure the disease. :bleeding:

But, it worked! :pope: Rabies is gone (don't ask me how and why), but I have to wear a mask for the rest of my life because I would be so hideous I would put the Phantom of the Opera for shame.

Feels almost the Pride situation from Se7en. I was quite the looker, and I had the choice between dying right there or live ugly like an pig's ass. At least he didn't cut my balls.

There are tons of stories like this on the CK2 forum at Paradox.  The medical stuff is even worse in the new DLC than I would have imagined.  And don't get me started on the supernatural stuff.  I'm very glad I didn't get the DLC.

As for the free patch stuff, I've already praised the optimization, but it seems like there's a bunch of stuff that got broken somehow, too. 

garbon

Quote from: dps on August 29, 2016, 07:28:29 AM
Quote from: Drakken on August 28, 2016, 10:41:24 PM

There are tons of stories like this on the CK2 forum at Paradox.  The medical stuff is even worse in the new DLC than I would have imagined.  And don't get me started on the supernatural stuff.  I'm very glad I didn't get the DLC.

As for the free patch stuff, I've already praised the optimization, but it seems like there's a bunch of stuff that got broken somehow, too. 

Does sound quite atrocious. Anything in particular that is now broken?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: dps on August 29, 2016, 07:28:29 AM

I take it with philosophy. I mean, So-called 'Physicians' at the time were barbers, butchers, cranks, and amateurs that didn't know squat on how the body worked.

And it is not like they knew the exact mechanism of Rabies, so I rationalized that my Duke got some festering tumour under the jawbone that caused me to foam at the mouth and be very agitated, and my Physician trying the experimental solution to remove it saved my life, even though it was misdiagnosed as Rabies.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on August 29, 2016, 10:37:15 AM
I take it with philosophy. I mean, So-called 'Physicians' at the time were barbers, butchers, cranks, and amateurs that didn't know squat on how the body worked.

They were very skilled, but skilled like a craftsman was skilled (and indeed that is how they were generally trained). They knew a whole set of practical hands on skills. Like they could set bones and do some forms of surgery (like cutting out tumors) and so forth. But once something involving germ theory came along...yeah. Then they had nothing. But to classify them as 'cranks' when the correct information was completely unknown to everybody seems a bit unfair. Having said that, the game allowing them to cure measles by chopping people's faces off is pretty bizarre.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

One odd thing, that I'll have to see if repeated, is that I've had characters arrive to my court who then get the dead icon saying that they have vanished without a trace. Bit odd that they arrive only to be evaporated.

I do appreciate the longer form descriptions about how a character died and their key details described in prose. Similarly, your new leader getting a little bio text to get you thinking of how their character will rule.

garbon

Quote##########################################################
########## 2.6.1.1 The Reaper's Due ###########
##########################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixes songs from the base game being disabled in contextual songs
- If the contextual song doesn't find a song to play, a song will now be chosen by ignoring the contextual song system
- Fixed children not getting their education trait upon becoming adults when you don't have Conclave
- Can no longer call ally into war against their own liege
- You can now get the achievement 'Papal Mache' by killing a Caliph, as implied by the description
- Epidemic diseases no longer stall if you are infected while you have a non-serious symptom
- The "desires a matrilineal marriage" AI modifier no longer happens when matrilineal marriages are disabled
- Horse doctors got a little better
- Incapable people no longer steal your food in seclusion
- characters will not accuse their liege during witch hunts since they have to approve them
- Vassals will no longer refuse their liege's marriage or betrothal offers to get a "better alliance"
- No longer will you get upset about your spouse/parent's grave getting robbed if you were the robber
- Removed the possibility to search for partial titles for performance reasons
- Eunuchs may only select the Groom an Heir ambition if they have a living child
- Fixed several cases of when a Christian Holy Order built a new castle, you would be notified that Beit Dejan was built, instead of the actual castle
- Court physicians now always ask their own liege for money.
- Generic reincarnation event requires your heir to be your child
- Added some more ai factors for when head of religion wants to blame Jews for the plague
- Fixed some broken text in reincarnation event
- The priest generated by event 3021 now has an education
- Murderers are now immune to prune (prevents the red skull from leading nowhere)
- Characters who are marked as special interest by the player, or immune to pruning are no longer killed by the court cleanser
- Fixed in issue with prisoners being able to complain to their liege that the chancellor was looking inappropriately at his wife
- Added the sayyid trait to al-Hadi (id 188648), son of Al-Mansur
- Crash fix that occurred in some mods using custom maps.
- Fixed an issue were you would be notified of eating your own close dynasty members
- Fixed 867 Sápmi setup
- Event WoL.6120 will now only trigger for adult characters
- Further reduced odds of under 16s getting cancer
- Rulers are now willing to negotiate non-aggression pacts with their vassals
- Fixed so infidel penalty is applied properly  for betrothal/marriage
- Modded game rules should now be loaded properly.
- Fixed so call ally alert no longer shows if it's a war against your ally's liege
- Fixed a crash when using custom maps

jimmy olsen

The Mongols have converted to Hinduism and are on a rampage.

I continue to be amazed at my inability to be elected Kaiser. <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point