News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2016, 02:22:12 AM
Playing Bohemia and it's 1112 now. I've put Premyslids on the thrones of Poland and Hungary.

I don't understand why the 25 year old king of Hungary isn't in my line of succession. He should be sixth instead of my 20 year old son. The king's definitely a Premyslid, as is his son. He's not in a matrileneal marriage.

Hungary is elective. Does that matter? I don't see how. :unsure:

Do you have the law that forbids titles from passing outside the realm via inheritance?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on August 20, 2016, 11:31:42 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2016, 02:22:12 AM
Playing Bohemia and it's 1112 now. I've put Premyslids on the thrones of Poland and Hungary.

I don't understand why the 25 year old king of Hungary isn't in my line of succession. He should be sixth instead of my 20 year old son. The king's definitely a Premyslid, as is his son. He's not in a matrileneal marriage.

Hungary is elective. Does that matter? I don't see how. :unsure:

Do you have the law that forbids titles from passing outside the realm via inheritance?
Yes, that's what it turned out to be.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Anyways, I managed to change Poland's inheritance law from Gavelkind to Seniority just in time for my king to die and the husband of a Croatian Duchess to inherit both Bohemia and Poland.

Annoyingly, though my wife was rebelling against the Queen of Croatia, I could not join her war. You should always have the option of joining a spouse's war.

Unfortunately, because Poland is not yet a dejure part of the HRE (it's got like 80 years to go), the illegal inheritance act does not cover it. So my kinsman the King of Hungary is 2nd line to that throne. Given the age spread of my heirs, I'm thinking there's about a 50/50 chance I'll lose Poland.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

New free features coming in the patch.

Quote###################
# Free Features
###################
- Game Rules have been added to the game - Whenever you start a new game, you can change the rules to customize your experience:
    - Major Epidemic (requires 'The Reaper's Due'): Dynamic/Delayed Dynamic/Historical/Deadly
    - Gender Equality: Default/Historical/All
    - Mongol Invasion: Historical/Random/off
    - Aztec Invasion (requires 'Sunset Invasion'): 14th Century/Random/Off
    - Shattered Retreat: On/Off
    - Defensive Pacts: On/Off
    - Dynamic De Jure Drift: Default/Restricted/Off
    - De Jure Assimilation Duration: Very Short/Short/Default/Long
    - Supernatural Events: On/Off
    - Culture Conversion: Default/Restricted/Faster Melting Pots/Slower Conversion/Combination
    - Religious Conversion Speed: Default/Slower
    - Raiding: Historical/Unrestricted/Off
    - Adventurers: Normal/Rare/None
    - Interfaith Marriages: Restricted/Open
    - Matrilineal Marriages: On/Off
    - Custom Realms (requires 'Charlemagne'): On/Off
    - Story Events (requires 'Charlemagne'): On/Off
    - Vassal Republics: Restricted/Unrestricted
    - Vassal Theocracies: Restricted/Unrestricted
    - Invitation to Court: Default/Open
    - Diplomatic Range: On/Restricted/Off
    - Regencies: On/Off
    - Provincial Revolts: Normal/Rare/None
    - Defensive Attrition: On/Tribal Only/Off
    - Pagan Reformation: Allowed/Disallowed/Players Only
    - Assassination: Plots Only/Direct Action
    - AI Seduction (requires 'Way of Life'): On/Off
    - AI Intrigue (requires 'Way of Life'): On/Off
    - Provincial Revolt: Normal/Rare/None

- The old succession screen has been replaced with one that is much more elaborate!
    - The graphics and layout of the screen has been improved.
    - A flavorful text will tell your more of the deceased character and what they will be remembered by.
    - A picture representing the characters death has been added.
    - You will now hear your own death sound when dying.

- Added events through which one can get female councillors, the women can either be talented relatives, vassals or strangers
- Added a 'Release Tributary' decision
- Added a decision to Recruit prisoners
- Added a decision to ask characters to leave your court (at the cost of prestige)
- Added decisions for Hindu Merchant Republics to claim the Vaishya caste
- Added a confirmation event whenever you expel a holy order to avoid expelling them by mistake
- Added a Continue button to the launcher, which boots the game into your latest save
- Added loads of new nicknames
- Added more autosave intervals: every 10, 25, 50, and 100 years
- Changed and optimized compression to improve Ironman saving (and saving in general) times. Unfortunately this means save files are also bigger. For reference, saving my test case file went from 29s to less than 6s.
- There is now an event informing the world when a Crusade/Jihad etc ends inconclusively
- Skilled or ambitious female vassals may now demand a seat on the council
- Added an event to rename "Middle Francia" to "Austrasia" if no longer held by a Karling

Way of Life:
- Added a bunch of new events for the War Focus (Way of Life) where you can get leader traits and teach them to your commanders
- Added a bunch of events for the Theology focus where you retreat into solitude to pray and reflect upon your life
- The Family Focus can now also remove rivalries between close family members

The Old Gods:
- Added some stronger versions of the Viking trait, Ravager and Sea King, which can be gain from further raiding.
- Added targeted decision 'Appoint Shieldmaiden' for Norse pagan rulers, which grants eligible female character the trait 'Shieldmaiden' as well as access to the Commander minor title
    - Shieldmaiden training events
    - Combat events where a Shieldmaiden can save her liege on the battlefield
    - Event chain for befriending a Shieldmaiden
- Added two decisions for defensive pagans - one to worship the ancestors, where a sacrifice can lead to different outcomes in a chosen area, and one to summon a band of devout warriors when getting invaded by religious enemies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Historic mongols is good. Always hate it when they just never show up.
Though wish they'd get rid of the stupid subjugation thing. Way too easy for them to conquer large nations.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Why would gender equality have separate 'default' and 'historical' settings? Wouldn't those be the same?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

I did lose Poland to Hungary and some kind of revolt changed the inheritance law to Elective, so I didn't inherit it back like I thought I would.

Waged war to get it back and won, though in doing so I killed the Hungarian King. He had only 4 daughters, so my dyansty their is doomed (for no anyways). <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2016, 12:38:32 PM
Why would gender equality have separate 'default' and 'historical' settings? Wouldn't those be the same?

Err. This is a Swedish game. Probably "default" means gender is a social construct or something. :P

Caliga

I got Conclave last night.... how do I send my Seer to convert provinces now that the screens are all different? :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grinning_Colossus

RD is getting good reviews. Yet I'm away from my rig for another week and a half because my brother had to get fucking married. :ultra:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2016, 06:51:42 AM
I got Conclave last night.... how do I send my Seer to convert provinces now that the screens are all different? :Embarrass:

On the council screen click his convert icon then the province
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Started a 769 game as Svithod and Sigurd Ring, Ragnarr Lodbrok's father. Baby kid Ragnarr soon caught stomach cramps that developed into dysentery, and the legendary viking leader died while doing his little thing on the potty (literally what I got as message).

Immediately 'hired' three debutantes as concubines, and soon my wife got pregnant. Sadly, before she gave birth Denmark declared war to me. In battle 26-Martial Sigurd got smacked on the head and became incapable due to brain damage. He then lost one eye, and finally was struck one last time to die on the battlefield.

The End.

dps

I've only played a little bit with the new patch (I'm not getting the DLC itself) but I can say that they seem to have done wonders with optimization.  The game now runs very fast on my cheapass computer, at least in the early game.  I'd assume that it'll slow down somewhat in the late game, but nowhere near as badly as before.

HVC

Did the new patch make everyone crazy? Half my court and vassal are either lunatics or possessed.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.