Fucking A! An 80 part Pool of Radiance Youtube Experience.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, March 17, 2011, 07:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Sophie Scholl

I remember playing the game for NES.  I rather enjoyed it, but had consistent issues where my game would magically wipe.  I would end up... less than pleased.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Darth Wagtaros

My mother got a book on DOS and decided to 'clean up' the computer by deleting my saved game.  It was a bitter time in my life.The first of many.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Please, I played it old skool style. On a C-64 with 5 1/4 inch floppies. Kids these days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 19, 2011, 02:09:11 PM
Please, I played it old skool style. On a C-64 with 5 1/4 inch floppies. Kids these days.
Hey the purchase of the 20 megabyte hard drive was a big deal.  No longer having to boot from a friggin floppy, or wait 10 minutes for the game to save was awesome. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

You haven't lived until you waited 45 minutes for a game to load from cassette, or 20 minutes for Seven Cities of Gold to make a game disk.

Darth Wagtaros

I spent 2 days computerless while the fucking hard drive was 'optimized' after an acquaintance said it would improve performance.
PDH!

Martinus

I remember playing it in early nineties, either on Amiga or early PC. I got a pirated version (there were no other at that time in Poland) and the game would freeze often and lose saves. Still, I loved it.

I can't believe we used to play crap like that.  :lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Yes. And yet I'd take some of them again over the train wrecks I've seen in the last few years. 
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Habbaku

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 20, 2011, 05:13:15 PM
This guy is pretty weird.

I couldn't get past the five minute mark on the first video.  He's a poor narrator.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah.  He tries hard, but really can't pull it off. :(
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 19, 2011, 02:29:12 PM
20 minutes for Seven Cities of Gold to make a game disk.
:hug:

Especially since it would sometimes error out at the end of the process, which as you mentioned took 20 minutes. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points