News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sims Medieval

Started by Martinus, March 15, 2011, 02:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It much good then or is it typical EA style promise the world, deliver yet another boring repetitive product?
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I think you're confusing EA generally with Lionhead or Peter Molyneaux specifically. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Yeah EA doesn't really promise much...well except for that Spore debacle and I place a lot of hype blame on Will Wright.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2011, 09:30:57 AM
Yeah EA doesn't really promise much...well except for that Spore debacle and I place a lot of hype blame on Will Wright.
Was Spore really that bad?  I've never gotten it, but it has been on my Steam Wishlist for a while now.

Grey Fox

It's boring as hell & quite easy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Ok.  I haven't bought it yet, so I probably never will anyway.

Grey Fox

90% of the game is customizing your creature. If you find that immenssely enjoyable, buy it. If not, continue to not do so.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Pedrito

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 23, 2011, 09:38:41 AM

QFT, a big letdown by Wright.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Caliga

I don't understand why he won't do a SimEarth remake.  Given how the left is even more obsessed with environmental shit now than they were circa 1990, that thing would sell like hotcakes.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 23, 2011, 09:38:41 AM

My issue was that I liked designing creatures and I liked the first two stages, cell and creature...but then disliked the tribal, city and space stages. I disliked in the space stage where every few minutes there was an ecological disaster or some pirate raid. Admittedly the last part got better when I put in the hotfix which made it rare that those events happened.  However, I'd been looking forwards to a Sim Earth-like experience during the space stage and was quite disappointed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

The cell stage was cool, I thought it boded well for the rest of the game that this, little mini game stage was so good.
Then the following stages came...ouchy. But I held on. The space stage was why I got the game. Surely it'll be good?
It wasn't.
It was alright for a hour or two but then it got very dull indeed.
The main point of the game did seem to be just to design your creature then to design the various sorts of building and the spaceship and whatnot.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

So I started the game as the Kingdom of Westeros.

My monarch is Queen Cersei, an Evil, Vain and Licentious bitch.

In the tutorial she could woo a bard. It was going well until she tried to kiss him and the fucker shirked away. So he got sent off to the stocks.

The first quest I picked was about solidifying my power and securing the loyalty of my fiefdoms - the Merchant Princedom of Tredony and the Commune of Crafthole. Out of the options available, we chose to seduce and then blackmail the Prince (as a side effect, his gay lover challenged me to a duel. He got sent off to the stocks too).

The Craftmistress was a different story. I sent my trusted advisor into the town to procure a poison and an antidote. The poison was used to lace the drink of the Craftmistress, the antidote to buy her loyalty (the type we used needed her to take it every week for the next 10 years or she dies).

The points I got from the quest allowed me to buy a new building. I chose a Wizard tower and created Granmaester Pycelle, a fat Cowardly, Greedy, Scholarly Wizard. :P

garbon

Sounds like a children's game

Josquius

I've nothing better to do and it turns out my friend bought this so I've nicked it to give it a go.
Not as much depth as I was led to believe, as expected really, you can't even level up skills like in the normal sims games.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 31, 2011, 09:50:34 AM
I've nothing better to do and it turns out my friend bought this so I've nicked it to give it a go.
Not as much depth as I was led to believe, as expected really, you can't even level up skills like in the normal sims games.
Previews said you can level up. Are you saying that a game publisher LIED! :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point