jimmy olsen

A dangerous situation

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42061569/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
QuoteFour Deputies reported shot in Va.; suspect on loose
Authorities search for man with rifle, possibly firing from mountains

NBC, msnbc.com and news services NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 5 minutes ago 2011-03-13T21:59:35

BREAKING NEWS

GRUNDY, Va. — Authorities in Buchanan County were searching Sunday for a man armed with a rifle who shot four sheriff's deputies, one fatally, local media reported.

According to a report at WVVA.com, the officers were shot near the Grundy area in Deskins at about 3 p.m.

WVVA.com said the suspect, believed armed with a rifle, was shooting at the officers from the mountains.

The wounded officers were airlifted to a hospital. The extent of their injuries was unknown, WVVA.com reported.

A Buchanan County sheriff's dispatcher would only confirm that at least two deputies, and as many as four, had been shot. "We have U.S. marshals, Virginia state police, officers from other jurisdictions and all of our officers out there" searching for the suspect, the dispatcher told msnbc.com.

Grundy Mayor Roger Powers said authorities were searching an area about six to eight miles east of the town. It is a coal mining area with a population of about 1,100.

Please check back later for more details.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

QuoteA dangerous situation

OH MY GOD! REALLY?

Dumbass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Maybe the gunman was headed to the: Grundy County Auction. :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Strix

Did anyone check Bucky Phillips cell to make sure he was in it? The man is MacGyver with a can opener.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

So was the situation actually dangerous or just hype?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Two deputies were shot to death and ultimately the suspect was apprehended and also shot to death, so I'd say it was actually a dangerous situation, yes. :sleep:

Ed Anger

We couldn't figure it out until Tim Nancy Grace told us it was dangerous.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2011, 03:48:29 PM
Bad analogy.  All Nancy Grace cares about is raped and kidnapped girls.  Rather disturbing, really.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2011, 04:07:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2011, 03:48:29 PM
Bad analogy.  All Nancy Grace cares about is raped and kidnapped girls.  Rather disturbing, really.

I remember watching her where a mother drove into a river with her small children. :goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.