News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Started by Caliga, March 12, 2011, 08:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Just watched a few of the trailers on Steam.  Looks: badass.  Of course, no way to tell if the gfx will really look that good in-game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

This came out today in the US. Any good? Reviews are pretty positive, but of course, they are reviews...
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

rather nice so far, but nothing groundbraking.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Just going to wait on this one for a while.  Shit, I still haven't played Dragon Age 2.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

I don't have a decent PC currently so I'm tempted to buy it for PS3, even though I'd much rather play a Deus Ex game on a PC.

To those who have played/may play the console version of this game: Is it any good, or should I just wait till after I build a new computer?

LaCroix

Quote from: Tamas on August 26, 2011, 11:09:09 AM

are there sufficient rpg elements? is the story awesome to the point where at least we think it is but realize it's not after returning to it in a decade's time? basically, is it a true successor to the original title?

Cerr

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 26, 2011, 11:02:18 PM
I don't have a decent PC currently so I'm tempted to buy it for PS3, even though I'd much rather play a Deus Ex game on a PC.

To those who have played/may play the console version of this game: Is it any good, or should I just wait till after I build a new computer?
There's a comparison of the different versions here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/deus-ex-human-revolution-face-off

Tamas

Quote from: LaCroix on August 27, 2011, 03:46:28 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 26, 2011, 11:09:09 AM

are there sufficient rpg elements? is the story awesome to the point where at least we think it is but realize it's not after returning to it in a decade's time? basically, is it a true successor to the original title?

I havent played the original.

Well...
There is shooting, sneaking, talking, and hacking. All of them is rather well done, but none of them is done  better than how we saw it in other games.

What may elevate it above the herd is the world and story, plus that it gives you a very very broad illusion of freedom. Because for most quests, you are quite free it seems, to puruse any of the aformentioned approaches. So, despite clearly being in a zone and not a free-roam world, you still feel you have several options to approach a given problem. And these options are not pre-presented and explained to you either.

So, nice. I still want to play more before deciding it if it's great or just very good, but I do enjoy it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Bought the PS3 version and it's pretty good. It reminds me a lot of the first game, which I guess is a compliment. Haven't got far enough yet to make a more solid judgement of the game.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 28, 2011, 02:39:51 PM
Bought the PS3 version and it's pretty good. It reminds me a lot of the first game, which I guess is a compliment. Haven't got far enough yet to make a more solid judgement of the game.

use the electric shocker on the first boss.

Josquius

There`s bosses? Whaaaaa.

I am very tempted by this game. Invisible War made me cry though. Then of course there`s the difficulty in getting legal versions of English games here and the probable huge size of the game (so no getting it the naughty way)
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 28, 2011, 02:39:51 PM

use the electric shocker on the first boss.

Didn't have the electric prod thing so I resorted to throwing barrels at him and he died after four hits and a couple of revolver rounds. Pretty effective. :lol: