News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on May 21, 2015, 08:11:09 AM
Well when you have people considering 3rd generation "immigrants" as non-citizens you know Europe is fucked.

That's not the case of France, yet there are problems so free citizenship without duties but only perks does not work as well.

Tamas

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 21, 2015, 08:12:30 AM
Well when you have people considering 3rd generation "immigrants" as non-citizens you know Europe is fucked.

That's not the case of France, yet there are problems so free citizenship without duties but only perks does not work as well.

But how does "free citizenship" comes into the picture for somebody who not only was born in France, but only his/her PARENTS were born in France? FFS?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on May 21, 2015, 08:14:05 AM

But how does "free citizenship" comes into the picture for somebody who not only was born in France, but only his/her PARENTS were born in France? FFS?

Ever heard of family regrouping and JVS SOLI? That's when "free citizenship" comes into play.

Tamas

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 21, 2015, 08:16:57 AM

Ever heard of family regrouping and JVS SOLI? That's when "free citizenship" comes into play.

No I honestly don't understand it. How is a "3rd generation immigrant" (even the term is ridicoulous) a different citizen than you?

Edit: beside having brown skin, I mean

garbon

Yes, that's what I meant to imply with my comment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on May 21, 2015, 08:27:53 AM

No I honestly don't understand it. How is a "3rd generation immigrant" (even the term is ridicoulous) a different citizen than you?

This phenomenon does not exist in France due to the automatic naturalisation laws. It's no wonder it can't be understood. ;)
Only exists in countries with strict IVS SANGVINIS laws (Blutrecht) such as Germany 15 years ago.

Valmy

I appreciate the assumption that France is evil without bothering to understand what Duque was talking about. France embraces people who speak excellent French and adopt a superior culture of any skin color.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on May 21, 2015, 08:27:53 AM

I'm a fifth generation immigrant.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Meanwhile Hungary is among those countries selling EU residence permits to the highest bidders.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Um...erm...let's see...

10th generation immigrant.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2015, 10:26:48 AM
Meanwhile Hungary is among those countries selling EU residence permits to the highest bidders.

Paying tribute to the leaders and their cronier > just waltzing in expecting decent treatment

Tamas

This is a quote from the Minister of Justice, Hungary, member of EU, 2015:

"One of the reasons we cannot take in more refugees is that we already have to take care of the uplifting of 800 000 gypsies"

This is the same government that spends about 100 times more on one stadium of a 3rd league team, then on the refugees in the country. Not to mention the beauty of drawing an equal sign between refugees of war from the middle east and similarly skinned Hungarian citizens.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on May 21, 2015, 11:48:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2015, 10:26:48 AM

Paying tribute to the leaders and their cronier > just waltzing in expecting decent treatment

Well, they're in good company. Many of the poorer EU countries offer resident permits if you buy real estate above a certain price. In Malta, if you buy real estate for €500k and pay €650k to the state, you get citizenship within a year.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

One thing that is annoying that they are not only going for the cheapest lowest most despicable racist feelings and such, but that it is highly probable that we will see an exodus from the Middle East in the near future which will be a huge challenge to the EU on how to handle.

And these asswipes are already setting the tone.