News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

And since I am listing a small portion of their thievery.

Orban's right-hand man, Janos Lazar has had trouble hiding his wealth as well.

Look at this villa:

This is not owned by him, obviously. But, it is owned by one of his long time business partners, and it is ENTIRELY surrounded by land owned by Lazar's different close family members.

Just showing in case you're wondering where your EU money is being spent.

Admiral Yi

Gypsy McMansion with Cheese

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Where are the beet fields of the manor?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Re: the villa. Where's the pool?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Orban today in his weekly radio "interview" again mentioned the "2000 Soros-mercenaries" he mentioned reporting in from Brussels.

He now said that they (i.e. the government) "know from the officers of the Soros army, who these 2000 people are. We know exactly who they are, and we are monitoring them".

:huh:

Tamas

There's also a minor row with Nigeria's embassy in Hungary, because some mid-level Fidesz guy claimed, on some local election forum in some God-forsaken town he thought nobody would notice, that 80% of Nigeria's population has AIDS.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 30, 2018, 02:11:01 AM
Orban today in his weekly radio "interview" again mentioned the "2000 Soros-mercenaries" he mentioned reporting in from Brussels.

He now said that they (i.e. the government) "know from the officers of the Soros army, who these 2000 people are. We know exactly who they are, and we are monitoring them".

:huh:

The Hungarians are being informed by Soros' officers? THEY MUST BE IN ON IT
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

There was a lot of hope Fidesz could be at the very least reined in by a close victory in today's national election, maybe even defeated. During the day, it quickly became obvious that there'd be a high turnout that analysts always believed would spell trouble for Fidesz as they thought they can only speak to their core supporters and nobody else.

Well, the results are finally in. It is an absolute Fidesz triumph. With a small miracle happening with the final counts, a 2/3rd majority might be narrowly avoided, but it seems unlikely at the moment.

celedhring

Yeah, it looks like a blowout. And with a high turnout.

I still don't get this trend of wealthy, free and safe (in the great scheme of things) western societies voting completely cuntish/idiotic stuff.

Admiral Yi

Just learned from the NYT that Orban attended Oxford on a Soros scholarship.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2018, 08:15:09 PM
Just learned from the NYT that Orban attended Oxford on a Soros scholarship.

So Soros IS evil. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Not that it changes everything but it is worth noting that about a 100 thousand more people voted on somebody other than Fidesz, than on Fidesz. Of course, those votes are divided between half a dozen parties, so Fidesz has a 2/3rd majority in Parliament, because, well, reasons.

Tamas

Simicska, Orban's high school friend oligarch who fell from grace (mentioned him here a few times) and started sponsoring the opposition (Jobbik) is closing down his main newspaper tomorrow, as well as his radio station due to financial losses. I guess when your entire business model is built on receiving insane advertising money from public companies, you can't last long when those feeding tubes are cut.

His secondary newspaper has been told to look for a new investor or face closure, while his TV station is laying some people off, with employees expecting a closure once the station's service contracts run out next year.

Too bad about the TV station. It used to be Orban's biggest worshipper but after the breakup it switched into a quite nice news and politics oriented channel.

The only politics-focused TV channel that used to be with the opposition (ATV) has been steadily ditching true political shows after their owner (a TV evangelist) has sworn fealty to Orban.