News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PC] Vainglory of Nations

Started by Syt, April 12, 2009, 04:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

AGEOD's attempt at a game spanning 1850 - 1920 has gotten its own subforum, and it has a new screenshot up:

Feature recap (two years old, so some stuff may have changed):

Vainglory of Nations is a historical strategy game, with a simultaneous turn-based engine, that sets the players at the head of the Great Powers of the world between 1850 and 1920. Eight nations are playable, either solo or multiplayer: USA, Great-Britain, Germany, France, Japan, Russia, Austria-Hungary and Italy. The game has the following set of Unique Selling Points below:

VAINGLORY OF NATIONS is a new unique concept from the original designer of EUROPA UNIVERSALIS, PAX ROMANA, GREAT INVASIONS, and the team of BIRTH OF AMERICA and AMERICAN CIVIL WAR where players are Victorian statesmen trying to find the best way ahead for their nations in the midst of uncontrolled capitalistic expansion, commercial and technological changes, colonial and social conflicts and behind the doors great powers diplomatic negotiations.

Rough prototype of Interface - Ageod 2005

KEY FEATURES

VAINGLORY OF NATIONS USP

* The most original diplomatic system ever created for a grand strategy game

* The largest worldmap ever, with unequalled look, animation and detail levels

* Final challenge concept

* Variable Objectives concept

* « Underlying Systems » concept:

* A world economy with realistic components,

* Differentiation of the State-Player / Private Business,

* Autonomous and independent initiative taken by the game engine,

* Account rendering upon game end.

* Strong historicity and realism

* Victorian Atmosphere

* Own personality and agenda different for each country

* A revolutionary approach to the building of armies and fleets

* A better AI with brand new mechanisms

* A multiplayer component that performs well within a new, simultaneous turn-based adaptive game engine
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

For clarification, it is not linked to WW1 which was not developed by AGEOD, "only" published.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ancient Demon

I've been following this game for some time. It could be absolutely awesome, but I'm afraid of getting my hopes up.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Tamas

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2009, 06:07:55 AM
map sucks

You should know better than me, because I was kicked off the beta team due to inactivity. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2009, 04:37:46 AMwhere players are Victorian statesmen

As a Victorian statesman, my first order of business will be to prevent the British army from getting rid of the red tunics for khaki. 

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2009, 06:27:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2009, 04:37:46 AMwhere players are Victorian statesmen

As a Victorian statesman, my first order of business will be to prevent the British army from getting rid of the red tunics for khaki.

That should make them easy targets. :yes:
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2009, 06:45:28 AM

That should make them easy targets. :yes:

Pfft, there's no place for tactical usefulness when it comes to looking smashing on the Veld.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2009, 06:25:19 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2009, 06:07:55 AM
map sucks

You should know better than me, because I was kicked off the beta team due to inactivity. :lol:

Me too.  :lol:

BTW there is a brand new official patch for WW1 which I haven't have time to try. People rave about the AI improvements in it.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2009, 06:51:11 AM
Me too.  :lol:

BTW there is a brand new official patch for WW1 which I haven't have time to try. People rave about the AI improvements in it.

Have yet to install it on the new machine.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy

Quote* A world economy with realistic components,

I will trade two tea for your machine part!  :w00t:

It could be good. It could also be fantastically terrible.

Syt

There was talk of a diplomatic model that would also have a "crisis function". Could be interesting.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Phillip V

I am more interested in Rise of Prussia.

grumbler

A Victorian statesman in 1850 won't have to worry about that in his lifetime.  The Indian Army will go to khaki during that lifetime, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

I like how all the cities have little gardens on the left and all the houses on the right. I am sure that it was how cities were back then. Neat and ordered.