News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Barrister

I got my email confirming my early access to tickets to the Winnipeg Heritage Classic in October. :shifty:

I told you buying a spot on the season ticket waiting list (despite living in Edmonton) wasn't crazy...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

The Caps lose and the fucking Pens win again. Oh well wait till next year so we can suck again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2016, 11:48:38 PM
The Caps lose and the fucking Pens win again. Oh well wait till next year so we can suck again.

Valmy, today is not about the Capitals...
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Being a Jets fan gives one a certain perspective on fandom.  It could always be much worse...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2016, 11:09:36 PM
The dream is dead  :weep:
Sorry.  But even though they lost, the score was pretty close all the time.  You have an excellent goalie.  Some really good defense guys, but you're a little weak on the attack.  I think if the Sharks can manage to keep the core and supplement the attack, they have a very good chance of winning the cup next year.  It is doubtful the Penguins can keep all their players with the salary cap and reach the finals next year too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

I like living in a world where the bad guy, Crosby, has 2 cups while the good guy, Ovie, has none.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2016, 12:23:29 AM

Being a Jets fan gives one a certain perspective on fandom.  It could always be much worse...

At least when the Jets are good you don't get depressed knowing the inevitable is coming :P

Most fanbases are happy when the team is good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2016, 07:58:04 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2016, 12:23:29 AM

At least when the Jets are good you don't get depressed knowing the inevitable is coming :P

Most fanbases are happy when the team is good.
I don't know the problem with the Caps, honestly.  They have a good coaching staff, they have excellent players, but when it comes to the playoffs, they always underperform.  Or is it just that everyone this year underestimated the Pens?  Ever since the series against the Caps, I'm hearing people say the Pens won't make it.  Before the Finals, journalists were saying how it was impossible for the Sharks to lose this series.  I kept hearing all along this season how Crosby was no more the player he was.  How in series he wasn't there like he should be. 

And yet, even without scoring goals, Crosby's presence was felt.  Unlike Ovie.  Ovie is dangerous when he shoots at the net, but he doesn't tie down 2-3 players trying to cover him.  He has an harder time escaping with the puck and passing it when he is marked.
Maybe they should exchange him to the Habs, he'd make a perfect fit with Subban :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Savonarola

Sorry, Jaron

I thought it was nice they had the #9 (for Gordie Howe) up near the score last night.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 13, 2016, 09:57:07 AM
I don't know the problem with the Caps, honestly.

Magic. Destiny. Fate. They built the Verizon Center on top of an old Amerindian burial ground.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2016, 01:00:16 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 13, 2016, 09:57:07 AM
I don't know the problem with the Caps, honestly.

Magic. Destiny. Fate. They built the Verizon Center on top of an old Amerindian burial ground.
probably that last one ;)

viper37

Reading the comments on some newspaper's site, I stumble upon this gem:
QuoteLa punition des Sharks pour avoir perdu, ils déménagent à Québec.
Shark's punishment for losing, they move to Quebec city

Jaron will be pleased :P

But you know Valmy, since you seem to have so much trouble with the Caps, maybe we should take them off your hands.  After all, a thousand km more or less to your favorite team, no big deal! :P