Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

You nailed it!

Western FINALS here we go
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Savonarola

:pinch:

Congratulations, Jaron
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jaron

Thank you, Sir Sav.

I would like to dedicate this win to Valmy. May he someday know the sweet taste of victory and be free of the bitter draught of defeat.

Brezel

Quote from: Jaron on May 14, 2016, 02:37:53 PM
Thank you, Sir Sav.

I would like to dedicate this win to Valmy. May he someday know the sweet taste of victory and be free of the bitter draught of defeat.

Sharks stll have to rounds to go though.

Valmy

Thank you, Sir Sav.

I will always have the Caps' Cup appearance of 1998. Oh how glorious it was :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: Brezel on May 14, 2016, 06:23:20 PM
Thank you, Sir Sav.

Sharks stll have to rounds to go though.

Yes, but as a Sharks fan you take your victories as they come. Even if they fall to the Blues they did really well this year.

Only thing that worries me is they'll probably lose Marleau, Thornton and Ward to retirement in the next couple of years. They've been great anchors for the younger more undisciplined players.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2016, 09:54:45 PM
Thank you, Sir Sav.

I will always have the Caps' Cup appearance of 1998. Oh how glorious it was :P

And glorious it was!

Atleast you remember a cup appearance. I don't remember 1993 at all.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

The 1993 Montreal Stanley Cup riot occurred in Montreal after the Montreal Canadiens won their 24th Stanley Cup. People poured into the streets of the city and some began to commit acts of vandalism and violence while the Canadiens were celebrating inside the Montreal Forum.[11] In the epicentre of the riot on Saint Catherine Street, stores were looted and police cruisers were set ablaze. The riot caused $2.5 million in damage,[12] $3.7 million in 2016 dollars.[13]

At the high point of the riot 980 officers were dispatched and they made 115 arrests. The police reported 47 police cars damaged, 8 of those 47 cars were completely destroyed. Rioters were arrested after they broke windows, looted stores and set fires. Some of the rioters were suspected of planning to loot stores using the riot as a decoy. 168 were injured, including 49 police officers.[14]

Due to the Kings being the Canadiens' opponents, most of the Los Angeles news media, including the Los Angeles Times and the Daily News, also covered the riot; Times staff writer Helene Elliott was pressed into service as a news reporter minutes after the riot began.

Glorious, indeed.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

3.7 millions damage in 2016 dollars? That riot reputation is totally unwarranted.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Jaron on May 13, 2016, 03:40:25 AM
You nailed it!

Western FINALS here we go
FINALS here they go :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jaron

Jaron

Today begins the finals between the SJ Sharks and Pittsburgh Penguins.

It should be pointed out this is the first time two animal mascot teams have been in a finals against each other. It should also be noted there aren't a ton of animal based teams in the NHL.

Who do y'all have winning the series? Analysts favor the Sharks but we'll see.

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on May 30, 2016, 02:06:04 PM

It should be pointed out this is the first time two animal mascot teams have been in a finals against each other. It should also be noted there aren't a ton of animal based teams in the NHL.

I have to think it will be the Sharks.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Jaron on May 30, 2016, 02:06:04 PM

Penguins.  in 7, by the skin of their teeth, but Penguins. :)

But, yeah, the Sharks are probably the better team.

viper37

1 down :)
Hopefully, it won't be the last.

Only saw a little part of 2nd & 3rd period.  Forces are pretty much equal.  Penguins have a stronger attack while Sharks have a much stronger defence able to aptly counter-attack.  Goalies seem to be on par.

Should be interesting :)