NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2016, 08:03:02 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 18, 2016, 09:20:13 PM
Ouch. Capitals smoked the Flyers.

That was...so beautiful :weep:

Not even the Caps have ever blown a 3-0 lead. This season feels different guys. TEAM OF DESTINY.
I watched the game Saturday night.  The only game I managed to get a glimpse of so far, but well, busy spring.

You know, I was disapointed by the Caps.  They had an excellent goalie, and hadn't it been for him, I'm not sure it would be 3-0.  The Flyers, for the 1st period, and a little less in the 2nd, were very busy around the Caps' net.  Many opportunities to score.  Of course, they made defensive mistakes, they let Ovy alone, their goalie granted a silly, silly, silly, goal.  But still, I was wondering how the Caps would fare against a better team in the 2nd round or conference final.  I can't see them going beyond the conference finals if they don't up their game.  Being opportunistic has its limits.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

They...they are saving themselves for the real competition. That's it. Don't want to show their A game for scrubs like the Flyers. I talk to Ovy every night so I know this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2016, 09:19:06 AM
They...they are saving themselves for the real competition. That's it. Don't want to show their A game for scrubs like the Flyers. I talk to Ovy every night so I know this.

^_^

Good luck!

I'm cheering for the Penguins for now, in the East.  Will see how it evolves.  They are somewhat shacky too, I think.
But I like to think they too, save themselves for the real competition. Against the Caps  :ph34r:

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Viper is one of the few Canadians watching.  Ratings are reported to be down 61%.  Not only are there no Canadian teams but viewership was already dropping during the regular season.

Hopefully the Raptors make it further in the playoffs this year and more Canadians will be introduced to a good alternative.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2016, 05:26:53 PM
Viper is one of the few Canadians watching.
"watching" is strong word :)

QuoteRatings are reported to be down 61%.  Not only are there no Canadian teams but viewership was already dropping during the regular season.
Yeah, it's bad for Rogers and TVA Sports.

Hopefully the Raptors make it further in the playoffs this year and more Canadians will be introduced to a good alternative.
True Canadians won't let it come to that.  We still have honour and dignity to preserve, even in the face of such an horrible tragedy, we must not change ourselves, questions who we are as a people and uphold are values.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2016, 09:19:06 AM
well, it seems the Flyers did get their A game tonight ;)

Jaron

Sharks on the brink of eliminating LA again....its like 2014 all over again.  :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Jaron

Ahh what a feeling. Valmy, you will feel such an endorphin rush on Saturday.

In 2014, Sharks lead Kings 3-0 and then the Kings reverse sweep them and go on to win the Stanley Cup.

In 2016, the Sharks needed to redeem themselves and they have done so by dispatching the Kings 4 games to 1!!!!! Final score: 6-3. YES!

Brezel

Caps vs Pens will be a great series.

viper37

Quote from: Brezel on April 23, 2016, 03:31:22 AM
yes, a Pens victory will be nice :)

(Sorry Valmy)

Jaron

The spirit of Prince possesses the Wild...

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 24, 2016, 02:24:44 PM

(Sorry Valmy)

I don't get this. The Pens always beat the Caps, usually in a horrible demoralizing soul smashing way. So why would the same thing that always happens occurring be 'nice'? Do you also feel happy when you discover Warren Buffet made money? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2016, 07:47:25 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 24, 2016, 02:24:44 PM

(Sorry Valmy)

I don't get this. The Pens always beat the Caps, usually in a horrible demoralizing soul smashing way. So why would the same thing that always happens occurring be 'nice'? Do you also feel happy when you discover Warren Buffet made money? :P
The Pens have not made great playoffs in a while.  I cheer for the Pens since Mario Lemieux's time.  Having the Pens make it at least to the Conference finals this year would be nice.  Does not matter to me if it's the Caps as it is now, or if it were an entirely different scenario.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain