News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

They were talking about how the Sharks are having trouble filling seats due to poor performance. It made me think of the Jets in the playoffs last year when all the fans stayed and cheered even when it was clear a sweep was imminent. I wish San Jose had fans like that but California is known for its fair weather - not just environmentally but it in its sports fans.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on January 10, 2016, 05:07:02 PM
They were talking about how the Sharks are having trouble filling seats due to poor performance. It made me think of the Jets in the playoffs last year when all the fans stayed and cheered even when it was clear a sweep was imminent. I wish San Jose had fans like that but California is known for its fair weather - not just environmentally but it in its sports fans.

Unfair comparison for the Sharks though.  Last years playoffs were the first playoff games in the Peg in 18 years, and the fans knew that.

I don't know how well you follow hockey J-dawg, but you've always expressed an interest in the Sharks for as long as you've been on Languish. :hug:

And :yuck: to today's game in Winnipeg.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2016, 06:47:47 PM
And :yuck: to today's game in Winnipeg.
:yeah:  Classy move by Kane to give up the sure goal so Reinhart could get the hat trick.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Bizarro game in Winnipeg last night.  Jets go into the third 3-1, get an early goal to go up 4-1.

But then Nashville comes on strong, score two  back to back goals.  Now Jets are hanging on to a 4-3 lead.

Then the Refs start going crazy.  They call coincidental minors - one for hooking, then one on the player who went down for embellishment.  Never seen them do that before.

Then once that penalty is over, they do it again! coincidental minors against both teams.  They moments later they call Blake Wheeler.  So it's 4 on 3, but before they even start they throw the San Jose guy out of the face off.  He argues it, so they give him 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike!  The teams play almost two whole minutes of non-overtime three on three.

Anyways, with 0:13 left San Jose scores, to send it into overtime.  The Jets had done it - blown a three goal lead.

Thankfully just one minute into overtime Wheeler absolutely snipes one past Pekka Rinne to secure the win.

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on January 15, 2016, 12:57:35 PM
Bizarro game in Winnipeg last night.  Jets go into the third 3-1, get an early goal to go up 4-1.

But then Nashville comes on strong, score two  back to back goals.  Now Jets are hanging on to a 4-3 lead.

Then the Refs start going crazy.  They call coincidental minors - one for hooking, then one on the player who went down for embellishment.  Never seen them do that before.

Then once that penalty is over, they do it again! coincidental minors against both teams.  They moments later they call Blake Wheeler.  So it's 4 on 3, but before they even start they throw the San Jose guy out of the face off.  He argues it, so they give him 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike!  The teams play almost two whole minutes of non-overtime three on three.

Anyways, with 0:13 left San Jose scores, to send it into overtime.  The Jets had done it - blown a three goal lead.

Thankfully just one minute into overtime Wheeler absolutely snipes one past Pekka Rinne to secure the win.

What a bizarre game. They started playing Nashville and ended the game against San Jose.

Grey Fox

With all the Nashville players too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

Patrick Kane most overrated.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

The NHL is shamefull with the way it found a way to keep John Scott away from the NHL All Star game.

I am ashame the Habs were involve.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

John Scott is in fact going to be the captain of the Pacific Division team (despite now playing for the AHL's St John's IceCaps).

Such a weird story.  Good for Scott though - apparently he gets $90k for appearing in the All-Star game.  Most of these guys could care less - but Scott's making the league minimum so I'm sure he appreciates it.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14602139/john-scott-participate-all-star-game-trade-montreal-canadiens

viper37

A guy like me
John Scott talking about the event.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

That Player's Tribune article was great.  Really enjoying that site.

Barrister

That's a really good article. :thumbsup:

Jaron

So far all star game is a long horrible country music concert.