Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: PRC on November 05, 2015, 11:25:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2015, 11:09:55 PM
Quote from: PRC on November 05, 2015, 03:32:18 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2015, 01:41:21 PM
#1, mofos.

You're one Carey Price away from a failed season.  Canucks are the best team in Canada.
They have Condon, Tokarski and another one in the AHL that I forgot the name.

They ain't Carey Price.  They're good, but they're backups.  Price is the best goalie in the game at the moment, props to him, but if he gets hurt the Canadiens are in trouble.  And I don't want too sound to harsh, I like the Canadiens, but I think their early success is based on the goalie, not the team and that's not a recipe for long term success.

I don't like the Habs.  At all.  But I have to admit they're more than Carey Price, the proof is he isn't there right now and they're still winning.  Do they have a chance at the Stanley Cup without Carey Price?  Probably not.  Are they one of the best team in the league without Carey Price right now?  yes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Okay, Condon has looked good in starts there. 

Barrister

Valmy!  It's on tonight!  Jets @ Capitals.   :menace:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Barrister

Barrister

So my nephew got tickets to the OIlers-Sabres game last night.  His boyfriend was out of town, so in hunting around for someone to go with he wound up taking me.

Fantastic seats.  Section 101, so right at centre ice, row 14.  The list price for the tickets is $294, each.  Way better seats than I've ever had before, though I think I'll stick with the nosebleeds at less than one third the price.

Valmy

LOL I missed your anti-Cap trash talking.

It is futile BB. The Caps are the TEAM OF DESTINY this season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2015, 10:49:07 AM

Then why did they lose to the Jets last Saturday night. :contract:

Admiral Yi

Almost 100 clams (even discounted Frostback clams) seems like an awful lot to pay for nosebleed seats.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2015, 11:11:34 AM
Almost 100 clams (even discounted Frostback clams) seems like an awful lot to pay for nosebleed seats.

Welcome to the NHL in Canada. -_-

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2015, 10:57:01 AM

Evil and corruption. Paid off review officials. Canadian shenanigans destroying the purity of sports in the USA.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 07, 2015, 11:14:02 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2015, 10:57:01 AM

Evil and corruption. Paid off review officials. Canadian shenanigans destroying the purity of sports in the USA.

Actually the answer is the new Jets Saviour - rookie goaltender Connor Hellebuyck.  He's undefeated in three starts, with a 0.97 GAA and .962Sv%.   :cool:

Jets fans have been clamoring to see this kid since he was first drafted and put up fantastic numbers in the NCAA, and really strong numbers in front of the IceCaps / Moose with pretty poor teams in front of him.  Oh, and he was the starting goalie for the US World Championship team last year (despite zero NHL experience) and took them to a bronze.  And so far he has not disappointed.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2015, 11:11:34 AM
If you're in Montreal and want to watch hockey, it's cheaper to bord a plane in Plattsburgh, go to Tampa, sleep one night, board the plane back to Plattsburgh.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on December 07, 2015, 02:08:49 PM
If you're in Montreal and want to watch hockey, it's cheaper to bord a plane in Plattsburgh, go to Tampa, sleep one night, board the plane back to Plattsburgh.

Why is that?