Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Much cheaper tickets?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2015, 11:58:48 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 11, 2015, 09:43:56 PM
I'm loving the playoff run the Utica Comets are putting together.  Hooray for AHL hockey in my hometown again! :yeah:

We lost our AHL team almost a decade ago.  For whatever reason, the ECHL team got much more support.
Utica used to be home to the Devils AHL affiliate.  As things were hitting rock bottom in the 90's locally, they left for Albany.  Now with Utica on the rebound, an AHL team is back.  Good things lie ahead for the team and the city. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jaron

I really want the Ducks to win.... for anti-Los Angeles purposes.  I'd also be okay with NY.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

As predicted, the Ducks show they'll have no problem dealing with the Hawks.

Alcibiades

Easy one to take in Anaheim. :yawn:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

I was curious if the Blackhawks would be able to steamroll the Ducks. This one will probably go to 7.

Alcibiades

The Blackhawks are 16-0 in games after a series is tied 2-2 under Joel Quenneville.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Can't believe they just sent this game into over time  :w00t:

My jaw hit the ground, first goal I was glad but didn't see them getting a second goal with 30 seconds left. 

Alcibiades

Alcibiades

Jaron

Oh well. At this point I'd like to see Chicago win. My friend, a rabid Kings fan, wants the Lightning to win so Chicago can't claim a dynasty has begun. He'd like Los Angeles to do that. I suspect the best of LA is behind us though.

viper37

I think I'll root for the Lighting.  The probability that I will ever see a hockey match live in Florida is higher than for Chicago. :P
Seriously, it's 2 very good teams, I thought it would be NYR vs Anaheim and my prognostic was defeated.  Well, I think I'm 0% for all my prognostics this year, still... :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Down with the Lightning.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Barrister

Not sure who to pull for here, since my bandwagon team (the Ducks) has lost out.

Both teams have some big star players who I can't really hate (Toews and Stamkos).  I don't really like pulling for a multiple-winner like the Hawks, but neither do I like pulling for sunbelt teams like the Lightning (plus, they have won a cup 12 years ago anyways).

Meh - CFL training camps have started - that's probably what I'll pay attention to.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.