And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 24, 2015, 10:29:43 AM
Still no NBA in the local market for either me or CC. :yeah:
I thought he was more of a college basketball guy, since the NBA teams don't really play defence.  Or was that maybe Berkut?

Either way, basketball isn't really my thing, so I try and avoid it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2015, 10:48:14 AM
I thought he was more of a college basketball guy, since the NBA teams don't really play defence.  Or was that maybe Berkut?

I would think that most basketball fans prefer watching the college game.  But the NBA playoffs are entertaining to watch.  The downside is most of the games in Canada are being shown on TSN so I have to put up with stupid hockey commercials in between the good stuff.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2015, 10:52:54 AM

I would think that most basketball fans prefer watching the college game.  But the NBA playoffs are entertaining to watch.  The downside is most of the games in Canada are being shown on TSN so I have to put up with stupid hockey commercials in between the good stuff.

:yeahright:  You're not going to find many hockey commercials on TSN these days...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2015, 10:54:03 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2015, 10:52:54 AM

:yeahright:  You're not going to find many hockey commercials on TSN these days...

:huh:

Try watching sometime.  Not only are there commercials for the junior and womens hockey events TSN will be broadcasting there are all kinds of misplaced beer and car adds with hockey themes.  Its as if the network doesn't realize that the people watching the NBA playoffs during the NHL playoffs are not hockey fans.

Neil

Does the network have all that much say in crafting the ads?  It's the individual companies that craft their own beer and car ads, and since most sports fans in Canada are hockey fans, they're going to produce hockey-themed ads.  The basketball fan population is fairly small, and for most companies it probably wouldn't be worth the expense of crafting an ad just for the poorly-watched NBA playoffs, unless you had some sort of sponsorship role.  The network does pimp their own programming, but that's true of anywhere.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

So a changing of the guard is happening in Edmonton.  Kevin Lowe and Craig McTavish are out, Bob Nicholson and Peter Chiarelli are in.

We'll see if that helps.  I guess now with new management and McDavid on his way, they're essentially re-starting the rebuild?

Neil

That's surprising.  I find myself doubting the dedication of the Oilers to failure and ruining young players' careers.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

Could it be.... ?

Do the Senators have a comeback cake in the oven?!?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Anderson has a crazy .960 avg against the Habs over 8 playoff games, I think they might.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

I want them to play Hammond next game so they can throw hamburgers on the ice.

Jaron

The Islanders hold on!

Neil

The Canucks can suck it in hell.

Barrister

It's funny.  I know I used to be a Flames fan, back when the thought of the Jets returning  was but a fevered dream.

But right now, since the Ducks creamed the Jets in four straight, I really want them to go on and crush the Flames.

Jaron

Why do you hate the Flames?