News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I can't get this game on the damn TV so I am listening to it on internet radio. <_<
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Jaron on April 20, 2015, 11:20:37 PM
I can't get this game on the damn TV so I am listening to it on internet radio. <_<

Check /r/NHLstreams on reddit.  You'll find an online stream for sure and if your at all savy you can setup VLC player to stream your games for you.  Instructions are there.

PS, that's some dedication to hockey to pickup radio play to listen to a game.  You're a real fan Jaron!

Grey Fox

I listen to most Habs games on the radio.

NHL.com makes it easy too, all the games have 2 radio feed on their gamecenter app.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

Hey Valmy,

How about those Capitals?!?!?

Neil

Man, those Canucks are just thugs.  I don't know what it is with Vancouverites and their love for mayhem and violence.  Everybody is trying to have a nice hockey game here, and the cowardly, backbiting Vancouverites have to try and fight everyone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

They'll receive their comeuppance.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on April 21, 2015, 09:59:29 PM
Hey Valmy,

How about those Capitals?!?!?

:yeah:

Caps 0-2 when I watch
2-0 when I don't

:hmm: If I just catch highlights maybe this could be the year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: PRC on April 21, 2015, 12:00:54 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 20, 2015, 11:20:37 PM

Check /r/NHLstreams on reddit.  You'll find an online stream for sure and if your at all savy you can setup VLC player to stream your games for you.  Instructions are there.

PS, that's some dedication to hockey to pickup radio play to listen to a game.  You're a real fan Jaron!

Thank you for this! I've been all huffy and puffy because I can't catch any NHL games on my local networks except once in a great while but now thanks to your advice I got to watch Blackhawks-Predators last night!!!!

Barrister

Just pay for Gamecentre Live.  $100 or so for the season has been well, well worth the money to me as an out-of-market fan.

Admiral Yi

I don't think American cable companies would allow that spelling of center.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2015, 02:07:30 PM
Just pay for Gamecentre Live.  $100 or so for the season has been well, well worth the money to me as an out-of-market fan.

Or download VLC player for free then watch the games for free.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on April 22, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

That would mean being a damn dirty :pirate

Plus GCL allows me to watch GCL on locked-down devices likes tablets and cell phones.  VLC player is limited to desktops.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2015, 03:36:31 PM
Quote from: PRC on April 22, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

That would mean being a damn dirty :pirate

Plus GCL allows me to watch GCL on locked-down devices likes tablets and cell phones.  VLC player is limited to desktops.

Good point, GCL also gives you access to some of those crazy camera angles.