Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Did you tune in Valmy?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 17, 2015, 09:07:32 PM
Did you tune in Valmy?

No -_-

Now I am wondering if I should again. Maybe I am bad luck. Somehow they know I am watching.

I did watch the analysis on the NHL network once it was over. :w00t:

TEAM OF DESTINY!!!111

But seriously nice to see their mighty powerplay come back to life.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

The Oilers won the draft lottery, which means Connor McDavid's career is over before it began.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

Gretzky was drafted to the Oilers and he went on to have a record breaking career.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Man, that 'true north' really travels well.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Jaron

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on April 18, 2015, 09:12:04 PM
Gretzky was drafted to the Oilers and he went on to have a record breaking career.

By the way, Gretzky was not drafted by the Oilers.  The late 70s were a very long time ago, but Gretz signed with the WHA Indianapolis Racers as a 17 year old, only to be traded to Edmonton.  When Edmonton joined the NHL, they were allowed to keep only one or two players - Gretz was one of those.

Jaron

I read that on Wikipedia after I posted that, just in case. It sucks to be wrong but I guess it happens to everyone from time to time. :( :(

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on April 19, 2015, 01:15:09 AM
I read that on Wikipedia after I posted that, just in case. It sucks to be wrong but I guess it happens to everyone from time to time. :( :(

I'll admit I checked wiki for the details (no, I could not remember the name of the WHA Indianapolis team) but I knew he was never in the NHL entry draft.  Never doubt a Jets fan when it comes to WHA trivia.

It is vaguely laughable that Edmonton wins the McDavid sweepstake.  The trouble with the Oilers is not that they are short on skilled forwards - rather that they are short on everything else...

If they use this to turn around and trade, say, Nugent-Hopkins for a #1D they might be able to be good down the road (since they now have a surplus of top-ranked centres).  Of course the Oilers being the Oilers I expect nothing of the sort.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

If the Sharks can't win it I'd like to see the Ducks get it. That way the Kings fans will lose their "most cups by a California team" claim.  :showoff:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2015, 01:19:02 AM
I'll admit I checked wiki for the details (no, I could not remember the name of the WHA Indianapolis team) but I knew he was never in the NHL entry draft.  Never doubt a Jets fan when it comes to WHA trivia.

It is vaguely laughable that Edmonton wins the McDavid sweepstake.  The trouble with the Oilers is not that they are short on skilled forwards - rather that they are short on everything else...

If they use this to turn around and trade, say, Nugent-Hopkins for a #1D they might be able to be good down the road (since they now have a surplus of top-ranked centres).  Of course the Oilers being the Oilers I expect nothing of the sort.
Not even everything else.  If they had a single decent defence pairing, they would be so much better.  Trading Hall (who on the surface is probably the most valuable of their four top-level forwards) for a #1D would be a great move.  Because Hall is stupid and makes bad decisions.