News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I see the New York Islanders will have the honor of breaking our hearts this year. Stupid Caps, getting my to start hoping.

'Come on Valmy they have the #1 Power Play in the league!'

Grrrr
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Pick a different team Valmy. A good team, like the Jets.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 10, 2015, 10:28:23 AM
Pick a different team Valmy. A good team, like the Jets.

Never!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

I gotta admit for all of my trying to gets your hopes up, I don't like the Caps chances against the Isles.

Grey Fox

Caps will go thru the Isles.

Halak cannot play against his old teams.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

The Caps will go up three games to one, have a 4-0 lead in the second period of game 5, and then somehow lose the series. Devin, I've led a Caps fan's life, and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2015, 11:08:22 AM
The Caps will go up three games to one, have a 4-0 lead in the second period of game 5, and then somehow lose the series. Devin, I've led a Caps fan's life, and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this.

What a rough life it must be, being a Capitals fan.

What with all the regular playoff appearances, occasional playoff wins, and even a Stanley Cup appearance in '98.

It certainly doesn't compare to not even having a team for 15 years, and not having any playoff appearances for 19 years (and having a franshice that has never, ever won a single playoff game).

Valmy

Eh plenty of the teams I support are just plain horrible. Somehow that is easier to deal with  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2015, 11:34:10 AM
Eh plenty of the teams I support are just plain horrible. Somehow that is easier to deal with  :lol:

Yes, the University of Texas is just an awful team in every sport it plays. :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2015, 11:36:02 AM
Yes, the University of Texas is just an awful team in every sport it plays. :rolleyes:

Lately? Yeah pretty much. Their men's swimming and diving is pretty amazing though. If young men in speedos is your thing.

But the Orioles had a losing season every year from 1998 until 2011. The Redskins might be the most putrid franchise in professional sports on so many levels.

I used to be huge on the Bullets to until their stupid name change. And boy were they shit. I at least appreciated the Wizards having Unis that kid of remind me of them.

But come now. Wallowing in the misery of playoff failures is what being a Caps fan is all about. The Washington Post's collection of agonizing articles on this topic is only rivaled by those on the Israel-Palestine conflict. I am only trying to fit in.

Barrister

Reports are there are one hour plus lines at the Jets Store locations in Winnipeg to buy jerseys.  White jerseys, of course. #whiteout

And people wondered why I have an away jersey...

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2015, 12:59:26 PM
Reports are there are one hour plus lines at the Jets Store locations in Winnipeg to buy jerseys.  White jerseys, of course. #whiteout

To sell at a 1000% markup to those people standing in line?

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2015, 12:59:26 PM

Collectibles when they leave town again...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Friend of mine just directed a Budweiser Commercial.

Here is pic of him with the two stars of the spot.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son