News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I just cannot seem to get into it this year. I have tried to watch a couple Caps games but it is just not getting into my blood as usual. Maybe it is the inevitability of it all. I cannot even delude myself into thinking this might be the year anymore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2015, 08:37:52 AM
I just cannot seem to get into it this year. I have tried to watch a couple Caps games but it is just not getting into my blood as usual. Maybe it is the inevitability of it all. I cannot even delude myself into thinking this might be the year anymore.

Why not?  Caps are having a good year, have already guaranteed themselves a playoff spot.  Barry Trotz has them playing extremely well.  Plus of course once you get into the playoffs you never know what might happen.

YOUR Winnipeg Jets now sit with 94 points, and in the 2nd wildcard position.  Three games left - St Louis, Colorado, and Calgary.  With them being only one point up on Calgary that final game looks to be huge...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2015, 12:22:54 PM
Plus of course once you get into the playoffs you never know what might happen.

Well that's the thing...I do kind of know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2015, 12:29:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2015, 12:22:54 PM
Plus of course once you get into the playoffs you never know what might happen.

Well that's the thing...I do kind of know.

Not under Trotz you don't.

Barrister

Holy shit - Jets pull off back to back shut out wins against Minnesota and St Louis.   :cool:

With the Kings losing to the Oilers :nelson: the Jets have to win one of either of their next two games against Colorado and the Flames to guarantee themselves a spot in the playoffs.

:cheers:

PRC

Flames will beat the Kings on Thursday and the Jets in the last game.  Jets will have to do it against Colorado.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on April 08, 2015, 12:13:29 AM
Flames will beat the Kings on Thursday and the Jets in the last game.  Jets will have to do it against Colorado.

:rolleyes:

If the Flames beat the Kings, that ends matters.  The Kings are out.

Which is almost too bad - I had plans to go watch the game with my brother-in-law on Saturday (who is a huge Flames fan).  Wouldn't be as much fun if the game is meaningless.

Not that I care as long as the Jets are in the playoffs...   Here comes the Whiteout...

crazy canuck

Yesterday I was in a meeting with a client and they mentioned the great game on Monday night.  We went on talking about it for a few minutes when it became obvious to both of us that they were not talking about the most important game that night - the NCAA final - but some game related to trying to make the NHL playoffs.

Grey Fox

While the NCAA final was a great game. It was not important.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 08, 2015, 12:38:38 PM
Yesterday I was in a meeting with a client and they mentioned the great game on Monday night.  We went on talking about it for a few minutes when it became obvious to both of us that they were not talking about the most important game that night - the NCAA final - but some game related to trying to make the NHL playoffs.

Presumably the Canucks - Kings game which went to a shootout.  Hell I even mentioned that game several posts ago, as I watched it once Jets-Wild was over.

And remember the significance of the Jets making the playoffs (which they haven't done quite yet) - this will be the first NHL playoff game in Winnipeg in nineteen years.  The Jets 1.0 went out in the playoffs - losing 4 game to 2 against Detroit.  Making it back into the playoffs is the last, final step in the "return of the Jets" saga.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2015, 12:45:26 PM
While the NCAA final was a great game. It was not important.

So did Kentucky win that game or what?

Grey Fox

No, the great evil of UK was defeated in the Semi-Final.

Sadly the Champions of Man, Wisconsin was defeated by the greatest of evil, Duke.

Jaron

Kings are out! Flames and Jets in! :yeah:

Sharks though... :weep: Oh well. That team has some soul searching to do.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Congrats Atlanta, both your franchises clinched playoffs spots on the same night!

Barrister

Last night was a good night.  :cool: