News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2014, 08:17:19 PM
I've given up on the Bluejackets. Totally hopeless.

Too many injuries unfortunately. 

Neil

Oilers fired their coach today.  My wife is quite amused by the depths of Oiler failure.  Still, they need to be seen to do something, and they can't fire the players.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Gomez signed by Devils has 1g, 3a for 4 points in 8 games.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: Neil on December 15, 2014, 11:46:49 PM
Oilers fired their coach today.  My wife is quite amused by the depths of Oiler failure.  Still, they need to be seen to do something, and they can't fire the players.
firing the GM isn't an option?  Or did they already do it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on December 16, 2014, 02:28:58 PM

Not an option. Dude is a Stanley Cup winner with the Oilers, that's not allowable under Lowe management(another Stanley Cup winning Oilers).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 16, 2014, 02:39:17 PM

Not an option. Dude is a Stanley Cup winner with the Oilers, that's not allowable under Lowe management(another Stanley Cup winning Oilers).
If found what I was searching for:
Oilers need to get rid of GM and President
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

To be fair, the GM is a pretty new on the job and might have some solutions (although they would take a while to have any effect on a team so devastated by years of mismanagement), but the real problem is the team President, Kevin Lowe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on December 16, 2014, 02:55:14 PM
To be fair, the GM is a pretty new on the job and might have some solutions (although they would take a while to have any effect on a team so devastated by years of mismanagement), but the real problem is the team President, Kevin Lowe.

:lmfao:

Other than having been coach for a number of years beforehand, and other than the fact his acquisitions have been universally terrible.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

GM and coach are two different things.

At any rate, MacTavish will fail no matter what, unless Lowe is driven out.  And if Lowe going means that MacTavish goes too, then that'd be fine.

sbr

Quote from: Jacob on November 20, 2014, 05:09:55 PM
Apparently the PA system died during the singing of the American National anthem at the recent Toronto-Nashville game, and the fans responded by finishing the song themselves.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/20/when-the-mic-died-during-the-u-s-national-anthem-in-toronto-thats-when-the-canadians-did-something-pretty-cool/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

I saw someone mentioning this elsewhere today.  Pretty cool.

Barrister

Jets win 8-2 over Florida, and Mathieu Perreault scores 4 goals.  Luongo is chased from the game.  It may not have been exciting, but a good old fashioned curb-stomping sure does feel good once in a while.   :cool:

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2015, 11:04:15 PM
Jets win 8-2 over Florida, and Mathieu Perreault scores 4 goals.  Luongo is chased from the game.  It may not have been exciting, but a good old fashioned curb-stomping sure does feel good once in a while.   :cool:

When Lou collapses he collapses. It happens.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2015, 11:34:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2015, 11:04:15 PM

When Lou collapses he collapses. It happens.

I didn't make any great predictions of Jets world domination.  It's just nice to see them dominate a game like that (and they kept it up against Florida's backup Montoya, who they signed from Winnipeg).   :cool:

Barrister

And the odds of a CCR sighting are low, but nevertheless I wanted to point out that the Jets are now 3-0 against the Blackhawks in Chicago this year.   :cool:

Grey Fox

On Wednesday I was sick at home & in the afternoon Sportnet showed game #2 of the Stanley Cup final between the Minnesota North Stars & the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1991.

Wow. I was not ready for how the game has changed since then. I was screaming at my tv for a good defensive coverage?! No wonder Lemieux would score so many goals, no one is challenging him at the blueline.  Goalies can't play the puck nor skate. Defense do nothing but collapse to defend their own net.

Damn thing was atrocious to watch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.