News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 08, 2014, 01:20:12 PM
I just don't understand's Cheveldayoff love his Atlanta core of players. He should have Jetstison that after the first season.

Disagree.  It's a reasonably talented team (with bad goaltending).  Never been any need to blow it up.  All that would do is have us become like Edmonton and be out of it by December.

Now Chevy is probably a little TOO conservative (he's still never made a NHL player-for-player trade!) but slow-and-steady is the way to do it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 08, 2014, 01:14:47 PM
btw, remind your GM that the Habs is always ready to embrace your great black players in exchange for Rene Bourque.

Remembering Bourque from his days in Calgary I can confirm he is an invisible floater more often than not... but he did seem to deliver for you guys in the playoffs last year.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2014, 01:23:39 PM
I just don't understand's Cheveldayoff love his Atlanta core of players. He should have Jetstison that after the first season.

Disagree.  It's a reasonably talented team (with bad goaltending).  Never been any need to blow it up.  All that would do is have us become like Edmonton and be out of it by December.

Now Chevy is probably a little TOO conservative (he's still never made a NHL player-for-player trade!) but slow-and-steady is the way to do it.

Now it is! but the Atlanta core after the first year was full of no work ethics players.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 08, 2014, 01:51:50 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2014, 01:23:39 PM

Now it is! but the Atlanta core after the first year was full of no work ethics players.

Other than Antropov, the core is pretty much unchanged...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

WHeeler gets a pass.

Only Little, Kane & Big Buff, Enstrom, Bogosian, Pavelec remain.

Oh, damn you are right.

That's such a bad team. :bleeding:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PRC

Neil

That was a really good hockey game.  You really saw how Montreal was a much better team than the Leafs.  They really know how to close out games and win, whereas the Leafs know how to let their fans down.

In fact, the game was a microcosm of the Leafs seasons in general:  Promising start, followed by a bit of a letdown, followed by a hopeful surge, followed by crushing defeat and humiliation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on October 08, 2014, 09:31:11 PM
Is it still preseason?
No, tonight was the first night of the regular season.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

QuoteNo, tonight was the first night of the regular season.

And the Leafs' season is already over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

HVC, last year at the same time (and the previous 3) you were planning a Stanley Cup Parade. A Change of pace is a good thing.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 09, 2014, 07:16:06 AM
HVC, last year at the same time (and the previous 3) you were planning a Stanley Cup Parade. A Change of pace is a good thing.
I was never planning  a parade. I was just having fun with Josephus. As a leafs fan I know my fate :lol:

Grey Fox

Cautious optimism for a Leafs fans = SC parade.