News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

What do y'all make of this Kings-Rangers match up so far?

The Kings fan (naturally) predicted NY didn't stand a chance and the Kings would steamroll them in four. So far the Kings have rebounded from being behind each game, but at the end of the day both games have gone to OT. Not good for the Rangers defense, but neither has it been a feather in the cap of the Kings goal tending or offensive lines.

Quick hasn't been great this year, but he's been good. The LA offensive has to have more output than the Rangers typically because Lundqvist is playing well.

If the Rangers can tighten up and protect their leads they have a chance at an upset.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

PRC

Rangers have deserved the wins but the Kings keep finding a way. 

viper37

Quote from: Jaron on June 07, 2014, 09:47:05 PM
What do y'all make of this Kings-Rangers match up so far?
I have seen only the 1st game, seen only the score for the 2nd.

It seems the Kings are adept at coming back from behind, hitting the players, getting the puck.  Rangers aren't the push over everyone thought, 2 losses in overtime against LA is nothing to be ashamed off.  But it's still a loss, and it's 2-0, and it will be hard to come back from there against LA.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

sbr

Ugh. 

I watched more hockey last night than in the last 20 years combined.  It seemed to be a good game even though the bad guys won.

EDIT:  was the non-call on the interference on Lundquist as bad as it seemed to someone who knows nothing?  The NBC TV announcers seemed to think so.

Grey Fox

It would have been as bad to call it.

btw the good guys won.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Any unbiased opinions?

Grey Fox

sbr

HVC

These playoffs really haven't grabbed my attention.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Pity the Canadiens didn't win.  They know how to handle the Kings.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Jaron

Shit. This season is going to have a bad ending for me. :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 11:37:25 PM
My Cyclones are going to the ECHL finals!  :punk:

Also go Rangers & Kings :barf:
and lost to my Aces!!!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

LA is damn good, probably be there again next year.

Alcibiades

Lundquist was amazing, 50+ shots to 30 was just too much.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain