News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

IS the Hockey World Cup actually going ahead?  I've heard it talked about, but nothing ever official.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on May 30, 2014, 12:16:07 PM
It's important to people who don't have the NHL.
:Embarrass:

I will fight to make The Oslo Monastery Burners a reality Norgy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

We already have anglicised the team names of some clubs:
Stavanger Oilers
Storhamar Dragons

My hometown's team's in the third tier and basically sucks, despite having one of the best arenas in Norway. 5000 seats inside solid rock. It's a bloody travesty.

Oslo has Vålerenga, which are good. Strangely enough, both Bergen and Trondheim really struggle to have anything above decent hockey teams. Hockey is mostly limited to eastern/central Norway, with the counties bordering on Sweden having decent to good sides.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on May 30, 2014, 12:57:34 PM
My hometown's team's in the third tier and basically sucks, despite having one of the best arenas in Norway. 5000 seats inside solid rock. It's a bloody travesty.

Well that sounds awesome.  We should make those guys a NHL team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Vålerenga

This wouldn't happen to mean village sackers would it?

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2014, 01:05:49 PM

Well that sounds awesome.  We should make those guys a NHL team.

It's a fricking huge man-made cave, basically. Yes, that's solid, polished rock on the sides.

No, Valmy, Vålerenga basically means something like this or that meadow.

Grey Fox

3rd tier hockey, so, Midget AAA level?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Let's just say the arena is better than the team.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on May 30, 2014, 01:21:49 PM
It's a fricking huge man-made cave, basically. Yes, that's solid, polished rock on the sides.

Well that is just awesome.  Cannot believe they built that amazing facility for some minor league nothing team.

QuoteNo, Valmy, Vålerenga basically means something like this or that meadow.

The Meadows?  I guess this is a reference to a part of Oslo they play in or something.

Norgy

It was built for the 1994 Winter Olympics. The US played Slovakia there. I was there, and Satan scored.  :lol:  :sleep:

Oslo's a fairly old city,  and there used to be meadows where the lifestock grazed. 

The council basically finances the running of the place, with clubs paying to train and play there. It has hosted football, handball and whatnot really. Playing footie there was by no means a good experience, as I remember it. The pitch was hard, and with five-a-side, there was almost no space play in. Lost all our matches, I think.

The arena is used as a concert venue. The acoustics are good.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on May 30, 2014, 01:45:52 PM
The US played Slovakia there. I was there, and Satan scored.  :lol:  :sleep:

Did you stand up and scream 'Hail Satan' when he scored like I always do at home?

Ed Anger

I always included Satan in a created team in the NHL video games. Who needs defense?