And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2014, 11:43:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 06, 2014, 10:59:49 PM
Patch is getting hot at just the right time.  Hell, the whole team is hot at the right time.

I'm going to love their first round flame-out. :menace:

The way this season has gone I would love to see the Caps flame out in the first round.  Of course when you are the 7th or 8th seed a first round exit is not really a flame out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2014, 06:51:49 AM
Patch is getting hot at just the right time.  Hell, the whole team is hot at the right time.
That's alot of smack for someone who's team hasn't made the playoffs in 20(18) years.
And never won a Cup, ever.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Atlanta Thrasher fans are weird.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2014, 03:58:49 PM
That's alot of smack for someone who's team hasn't made the playoffs in 20(18) years.

The Winnipeg Jets won three cups.  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Right and the Buffalo Bills have two championships.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2014, 04:05:39 PM

The cups they won when you played NHL 1994 dont count.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 07, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

The cups they won when you played NHL 1994 dont count.

:rolleyes:

Sure looks cup-shaped to me.

crazy canuck

Pretty much the same thing  :P

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 07, 2014, 04:45:13 PM
Pretty much the same thing  :P

Don't blame me just because you forgot about the Avco Cup. :P

Valmy

I consider it as legitimate as the Cleveland Brown's four straight AAFC championships.

Neil

I'm not going to say that the Avco Cup has about as much value as a 'Participant' ribbon from a junior high track meet.  But I could say that, and I wouldn't be far off.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 04:57:47 PM
I consider it as legitimate as the Cleveland Brown's four straight AAFC championships.

Interesting.  I was aware of the AFL-NFL merger, but wasn't familiar with the AAFC.   :)

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2014, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

Interesting.  I was aware of the AFL-NFL merger, but wasn't familiar with the AAFC.   :)
Niners Baby!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Gillis relieved as GM in Vancouver, according to the NHL app on my phone.

crazy canuck

QuoteMike Gillis has been let go as President and General Manager of the NHL Vancouver Canucks.

It had been expected there would be changes, after one of the most disappointing seasons in the history of the franchise.

The Canucks were blanked by Anaheim last night, officially eliminating them from the playoffs.

The Canucks had bright points throughout the season, but went into a brutal tail-spin down the home stretch.

Some will point to coach John Tortorella, trying to storm the Calgary locker room, and getting suspended for 15 days, as a major turning point in the season. The Canucks have called a news conference for tomorrow.

No word if Torts will be sticking around as coach.

Statement from the owners, below:

"On behalf of my entire family, I would like to sincerely thank Mike Gillis for his hard work and the many contributions he made on and off the ice during his tenure," said Francesco Aquilini, Chairman, Canucks Sports & Entertainment. "The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mike's leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed." "I also want to thank our fans for their support for the Vancouver Canucks through a difficult and frustrating season," continued Aquilini. "We haven't met their expectations or ours. We are committed to bringing the Stanley Cup to Vancouver for our fans and we will continue to do everything possible to reach that goal."