News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2013, 03:15:25 PM
If the Nordiques ever get back, I'll try to form a group to buy season tickets.  10 people, 4 games each, probably gonna be reasonable.
So long as they don't have Celine Dion or Arianne Moffat to sing the National anthems every game, I'll be allright.

Here's a pro tip:

When the Jets came back, it was the same ownership group as owned the Moose.  Therefore anyone who had moose season tickets, or even a mini-pack, had first dibs for Jets season tickets.  Once those were done the rest of the tickets were sold in 17 minutes.

So - you need to do whatever you can to get on the advance list.  Is it too late to get on the waiting list that was trying to raise money for the new arena?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2013, 03:16:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2013, 03:13:56 PM
Supposedly, it can be cheaper to fly to, say, Phoenix to see the Jets, than to see them in Winnipeg, even with the cost of the airfare.
I don't even doubt it.  But Phoenix does not sound like an attractive place to visit.  One day, I'll visit California and see the Ducks or the Kings live, hopefully, in one of their good years.

I dunno.  My aunt and uncle winter in Phoenix, and my folks have been down a bunch of times.  Sounds like there's enough to do in the region.  Think of it more as visiting Arizona.  There's the Grand Canyon of course, Monument Valley (and all those other areas right out of a Road Runner cartoon), Tombstone...

Admiral Yi

My uninformed opinion of Arizona is that it is suburban strip mall retirement community hell.

derspiess

Only game for us tonight was Penguins at Rangers.  Was interesting up until halfway through the second period but Tommy & I fell asleep after that.  I woke up 'cuz I had to put clothes in the dryer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Valmy

After this hot streak the Caps have risen to second place!  Which would be good for the 7th seed if the season ended today :hmm:

Teams still qualify for the playoffs based on conference, and not division, standing right?  So essentially this means that it is harder to squeeze through thanks to your wimpy division.  They really should have just done away with the divisions entirely.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2013, 11:40:18 PM
After this hot streak the Caps have risen to second place!  Which would be good for the 7th seed if the season ended today :hmm:

Teams still qualify for the playoffs based on conference, and not division, standing right?  So essentially this means that it is harder to squeeze through thanks to your wimpy division.  They really should have just done away with the divisions entirely.

Incorrect.

You qualify through your division, though there is some cross-over mechanism for the 4th spot in each division.

Grey Fox

Top 3 by divisions & the remaining 2 best teams.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Really?  Sweet!  Glad they are in the weak sauce Metro division.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Still say that's a stupid way to seed the playoffs.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 07, 2013, 09:25:23 AM

The Leafs are in the tough division :nelson:

Well...tougher anyway...both the West Divisions are better.  I mean the Jets are in last place, if they had stayed with the Caps where they belong they could practically the planning the division championship victory parade.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on November 07, 2013, 09:25:23 AM

Divisions playoffs create more Rivalries.

You'll start hating the Lightning when you lose 3 playoff series in a row against them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2013, 03:21:27 PM
So - you need to do whatever you can to get on the advance list.  Is it too late to get on the waiting list that was trying to raise money for the new arena?
No, but only the places at 5000$ and 25 000$ are left, IIRC.  I already tried to form a group for this, but they weren't interested until it was sure there'd be a team.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

I just discovered that a Dayton got another minor league team. In a 4 team league.  :lol:

I might go to a game, just for the fights. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 07, 2013, 10:49:53 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2013, 03:21:27 PM
No, but only the places at 5000$ and 25 000$ are left, IIRC.  I already tried to form a group for this, but they weren't interested until it was sure there'd be a team.

But it'll be too late by then. :(