Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2013, 04:00:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2013, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2013, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2013, 03:35:12 PM
sigh...

I watched the first part of last nights game.  I enjoyed it.  For the first time in a long time I really enjoyed a hockey game.  It was fast moving end to end action.  And then the fight.  Really?  I will be tuning out for another season.

Which game?  There was a fight last night in Jets-Oilers, but not much of one.

http://o.canada.com/sports/montreal-canadiens-george-parros-knocked-out-in-scary-fight/

Well that's your problem - you watched the wrong game then.

Jets-Oilers was a doozy with several lead changes, and just a minor little fight.

Also a fight in that one.

Fighting is stupid.  I wont watch the NHL until they grow up.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I'm curious which of you has played hockey, and of those, which have been in an on-ice fight.

HVC

Josephus, time to prepare the parade :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on October 02, 2013, 09:40:14 PM
Josephus, time to prepare the parade :P

Yup. 2-0. I'm taking all of June off to celebrate.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

If anybody can win the new Metrosexual division it is the Caps.  They just have to give up fewer than six goals in future games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2013, 09:01:12 PM
I'm curious which of you has played hockey, and of those, which have been in an on-ice fight.

I played hockey for one year, was terrible, and never fought.

I'm tremendously mixed on whether my boys should play hockey.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2013, 11:36:33 PM

I am going to encourage my boys to play Baseball or Basketball and just hope they do not get seduced by the concussion side of the force.  But if one of them REALLY wants to play football or hockey well I will go along with it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2013, 11:38:34 PM

I am going to encourage my boys to play Baseball or Basketball and just hope they do not get seduced by the concussion side of the force.  But if one of them REALLY wants to play football or hockey well I will go along with it.

Well there's only one sport my boys are going to play whether they like it or not, and it's not hockey, football, baseball or basketball... :shifty:

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2013, 09:01:12 PM
Played up to early teens, never been in a fight.  I wasn't really good either, so I didn't play with the higher leagues.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2013, 11:41:24 PM

Well there's only one sport my boys are going to play whether they like it or not, and it's not hockey, football, baseball or basketball... :shifty:
curling? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on October 02, 2013, 11:41:54 PM

Not a sport.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

:scots:

But of course.

I had my first curling game of the season on Monday.  Timmy saw my broom out and had lots of questions about what it was for.  He then said he wanted to come with me to curling. :w00t:

I had to say no of course.  But maybe I can nurture that flame of interest... :shifty:

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on October 02, 2013, 11:43:48 PM

Not a sport.

You try sweeping rocks for 10 ends and tell me it's not a sport afterwards. :contract:

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2013, 11:46:03 PM

You try sweeping rocks for 10 ends and tell me it's not a sport afterwards. :contract:

I'll let you know next week :shifty:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on October 02, 2013, 11:47:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2013, 11:46:03 PM

I'll let you know next week :shifty:

:w00t:

Do tell!