And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

If those two Boston guys didn't tangle their sticks trying to shoot it into the open net, that would have been game.  Toronto got lucky.  Still, that's the only pressure Boston had really managed without a power play or empty net, so I have my doubts this will end well for the Bruins.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Heck of an OT coming.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2013, 12:41:39 AM
Jaron moves to Utah and starts following the white man's game.  :hmm:
Jaron's been posting in the NHL thead for years.  He's been pulling for the Sharks for a while now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Sorry, HVC. :lol:

I guess I lose good luck charm status!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Ouch.

Question:  Is that the worst 3rd period meltdown in the history of the NHL?

HVC

I was one game off on my prediction :P

The reached high, they played well (last two periods of this game not withstanding ), and as a leafs fan I was always waiting for this.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PRC

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2013, 09:08:19 PM
Ouch.

Of course not, the Bruins once led a series 3-0 & lost in game 7.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Who feels worse right now?  The Toronto fans, whose last-minute collapse was agonizing, or Valmy, whose Capitals seem to have been replaced for Game 7 by random fans from the stands.  I haven't seen a team lay down this much since... Montreal's last game.  :(

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 13, 2013, 09:22:26 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2013, 09:08:19 PM
Ouch.

Of course not, the Bruins once led a series 3-0 & lost in game 7.
I suggest you reread my post.

Josephus

Bruins broke from the script. That last couple minutes of the third wasn't supposed to down like that :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on May 13, 2013, 09:11:47 PM
Epic collapse.

Yeah for some teams I guess it was.  But for the Caps blowing 2-0 and 3-2 series leads and getting steamrolled in game 7 is just another year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2013, 09:22:33 PM
Who feels worse right now?  The Toronto fans, whose last-minute collapse was agonizing, or Valmy, whose Capitals seem to have been replaced for Game 7 by random fans from the stands.  I haven't seen a team lay down this much since... Montreal's last game.  :(

At least they put me out my misery early.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Listening to DC sports radio has been cathartic.  Heh fans are demanding a refund.

Heh.  Caps 2-5 all time in series they have a 2 game lead.  Maybe they should just drop the first two games just to be safe.