News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I shouldn't have joked. Valmy has cursed the leafs. Also, fuck you refs.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 13, 2013, 07:41:37 PM
Don't worry.
im a leafs fan, I have to worry. How do you elbow someone, break their nose, and not get a penalty?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jaron

Wouldn't it be something if the Leafs beat the Bruins?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Quote from: Jaron on May 13, 2013, 07:48:14 PM
you're my good luck charm :wub:

HVC

So much for the "thank you Kessel" jeering :D

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on May 13, 2013, 07:48:14 PM
Boston sports teams are pretty detestable, but there's nothing worse in all the world than the Leafs.  Still, there's always an evil team in the playoffs.  Lately, it's been Vancouver, but I guess this year it's even worse.

That said, it was pretty funny when Don Cherry contrasted the non-rioting Leafs trash with the rioting Canucks trash.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

To an Habs fan, the Boston Bruins are greater evil then the Laffs.

To the 2nd round!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Two phrases that I have heard more in this series than at any point before in the history of hockey:

'Missed the net'

'Off the side of the net'

Claude Julien needs to teach those guys how to fucking aim.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Join the dark side :menace: :P

Besides your Toronto city hate, what's so evil about he leafs? At most in their recent history they were to be pitied. It's a fun young team.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 13, 2013, 08:14:48 PM
Join the dark side :menace: :P

Besides your Toronto city hate, what's so evil about he leafs? At most in their recent history they were to be pitied. It's a fun young team.
I don't hate the city of Toronto.  Toronto doesn't really have much to do with my life, now that Canada has broken into segments.  It's the Leafs that I hate.  Nothing makes me angrier than the media trying to tell me who I should cheer for, and all my life there ahve been two teams that the media has been trying to force on me:  The CBC did the Leafs, and the local stations did the Oilers.  I don't care if they're young and exciting.  The only way I'll be able to cheer for the Leafs is when every last Baby Boomer is dead and the CBC isn't trying to tell me that it's the patriotic thing to do.

HVC

HVC

Neil

Holy shit.  That's a comeback for the ages if they win this.

HVC