And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2013, 01:37:28 PM
Is there no expulsion in Basketball?

That is the point.  In hockey you can fight and only get five minutes.  In any other sport if you fight you are out, maybe permanently.   

Grey Fox

You see, in hockey, a certain tolerance is expected. It come from the time when hockey was played by more civilized men.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Who has been kicked out of the NBA for fighting?  Shit, didn't Ron Artest fight some fans in the stands way back when, got suspended for the rest of the season, but he's still doing whatever it is that people do on basketball courts these days?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 02:19:16 PM
Who has been kicked out of the NBA for fighting?  Shit, didn't Ron Artest fight some fans in the stands way back when, got suspended for the rest of the season, but he's still doing whatever it is that people do on basketball courts these days?

I wondered what Ron Artest was up to so I googled him.

Metta World Peace. :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2013, 01:42:55 PM
It come from the time when hockey was played by more civilized men.

Are you thinking of Field Hockey?  :hmm:

crazy canuck

You see the difference, right?

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 03:30:33 PM
You see the difference, right?
Yeah.  What he did was way worse than anything that I can remember an NHL player doing, and yet he continued to be a player in the league.  Compare that to Marty McSorley.

Another difference is that hockey is a real athletic competition, whereas the NBA is fixed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 03:29:40 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2013, 01:42:55 PM
It come from the time when hockey was played by more civilized men.

Are you thinking of Field Hockey?  :hmm:

No, I am not. You should read up on the history of the NHL. It's always been a violent sport.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

What do you expect from a game created by vicious inbred icelanders?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Why couldn't they have beaten Montreal in the last game? Why? :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:46:39 PM
They couldn't beat Montreal in the last game of the season.  What makes you think they could have taken them in the playoffs?

HVC

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 08:48:00 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:46:39 PM
They couldn't beat Montreal in the last game of the season.  What makes you think they could have taken them in the playoffs?
the three other games they won (as opposed to the one against Boston) and the way Montreal is playing now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2013, 08:29:29 PM
What do you expect from a game created by vicious inbred icelanders?
Apparently, it came from The British.  They had a pro hockey league before the NHL, or so I've heard.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

minor speed bump is all. All will be rectified on Wednesday
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jaron

The Kings are defying the Blues!
Winner of THE grumbler point.